Looking for a 3rd State 'Salem's Lot

Are you looking for a specific number or book? Maybe you have a book someone is looking for... post it here! If you'd like to advertize your own ebay listings here as well that would be fine, just don't spam the boards.
Forum rules
- Only members can see and post to this Forum

- I am providing a forum for communication I but do not endorse, nor can I be responsible for anything bought or sold via this forum.

- If abuse is reported I will take whatever action I see fit, including banning of the user account.
bookJunky

Looking for a 3rd State 'Salem's Lot

Post by bookJunky »

Hello, as of today, this is my first post on here.

I am looking for a 3rd State 'Salem's Lot. Although it must be said that I live in Germany, therefore its often difficult for me to find a book that the seller is willing to ship to Europe.
I am interested in finding out the actual prices of a 3rd state first.
mulleins

Re: Looking for a 3rd State 'Salem's Lot

Post by mulleins »

Welcome to the site.

The 3rd state jacket wrapped in a first edition has become difficult to find. Many absorbed into collections (and rarely see the light of day).

If you ever run across a book you need but the seller won't ship to Germany, let me know. I'm happy to ship it for you.

Again, welcome to the site. Hope you stick around and share more with us on your King collection.

Ralph
bookJunky

Post by bookJunky »

Thanks a lot for the heartwarming welcome. Really appreaciate it.

I don't expect to find a lot 1st 'Salems in general. The reason I look for a 3rd in particular is that I assumed it was the "cheapest" out of the First Editions.
Is that actually the case or is, say, the 2nd in the same ballpark ?

Thanks for any info in advance!
mmalling

Post by mmalling »

So are you basically looking for the "earliest edition you can afford"? It's a very common approach to obtain a nice copy that will fill a hole in a collection until a 1st edition comes along! If this is you strategy maybe let us know your price range?
bookJunky

Post by bookJunky »

I guess I am looking for the "cheapest" 1st if that makes sense. I am willing to pay up to 950 euros. Just as a side note because I haven't mentioned it yet: I usually prefer to pay via PayPal as I can use their Pay-In-Rate function.
mmalling

Post by mmalling »

Yep, makes sense and the price range will help I'm sure as well. I don't have any edition of Salem's myself but I'm happy to poke around to other groups I'm a part of to see what's out there! I also know at least one other big SK collector in Germany so I'll ask him too. Good luck!
bookJunky

Post by bookJunky »

I really have to get more "connected" within the collector community. Especially because collecting First Edition SKs, heck, even say English SKs in Germany isn't all too common. I have bought a few First Editions of German eBay sellers here and there but never stumbled upon an entire collection or video on any platform I've seen.
mmalling

Post by mmalling »

Send me an eMail and I'll get you in some Facebook groups that are really great!
malling_michael@hotmail.com