What did you buy or receive today?

Want to talk about things other then SK? Post anything else right here.
CamFella

Re: What did you buy or receive today?

Post by CamFella »

George Beahm's STEPHEN KING A to Z...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Been a while since I've seen one of those, nice!
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

So, after a wait of a month this prize finally came in and i am happy that it did.

I recently was thinking about ordering a normal copy of this, but now i am glad that i didn't- also i didn't know that this was a numbered copy until i opened it so you can imagine my surprise there (although a normal copy wouldn't have come with a traycase, would it 😅) .

I also recorded the unboxing which you can watch on YT here;
unboxing video

But i'll post a picture of the signature page here, i am happy! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Noxus35 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:59 pm So, after a wait of a month this prize finally came in and i am happy that it did.

I recently was thinking about ordering a normal copy of this, but now i am glad that i didn't- also i didn't know that this was a numbered copy until i opened it so you can imagine my surprise there (although a normal copy wouldn't have come with a traycase, would it 😅) .

I also recorded the unboxing which you can watch on YT here;
unboxing video

But i'll post a picture of the signature page here, i am happy! :D
"On the 2nd of April I was cleaning my coffee machine".......Most unexpected opening line ever lol.

Seriously though, congrats that's a great prize to win! Thanks for posting the video it was fun to watch.
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

Lol, yeah- i wasn't sure how to open the video so i just started with it to see where it would go from there. And the first line spoken by me became that one, afterwards i also thought it was funny and very unexpected to start a video like that.

But the thing is that i was actually cleaning my coffee machine on the 2nd of April when i received all of those notifications, so i couldn't change that part of history. 🤣

And thank you very much! It's still a bit unreal that i actually won my 2nd signed King book, it's looking splendid on my shelf. 😊
mulleins

Post by mulleins »

Congratulations again. I love the artwork by Chadbourne. You've won a great gem.

Ralph Mulleins
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

Thank you Ralph!
I am very glad that it was The Dark Man; one of those SK gems that are rare, as you don't see numbereds for sale that often however as we speak i noticed that Betts Books has a copy up for sale at $799. 😉
mulleins wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:41 am Congratulations again. I love the artwork by Chadbourne. You've won a great gem.

Ralph Mulleins
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

So this is something that i never even knew existed, so when i noticed an auction (all proceedings going towards the fanclub) organized by our dutch Stephen King fanclub i had to own it- so i bid, and i bid, did even more bidding until on sunday (mother's day) i finally reveived a notification stating: "The book is yours, and thank you for your donation to our fanclub- it's appreciated!"

Like i said, i never knew of its existence and i have been following the club for a decade now- it may not be signed by King, but here on our dutch market it is rare and only limited and numbered to 300 copies.
Especially because dutch publishers don't do many limited editions, and this one was especially created upon request by Luitingh Sijthoff for the fanclub.

Released about ten years ago to celebrate their 10 year anniversary, you could only buy one for €19 if you attended to a fanclub day/bookfair that they were at.
The book itself is in great & unread condition, below you can find the specs from the announcement:

"Price: €19.00 for the bookmark and the special Green Mile edition!

What's so special about this release?
1. Hardcover (21x15 cm) in dark green linen cloth
2. Beautiful print on the front and spine of the title; De Groene Mijl (The Green Mile)
3. The book contains a quote from King for the Dutch-speaking fans
4. It is a limited, numbered edition of 300 copies
5. Includes original artwork by Mark Geyer (black and white)
6. There is an extra, numbered inlay belonging to the book (numbers match)
7. A stainless steel bookmark featuring the fan club's new logo
8. Only available on our fan club day!"

Also i might have to get a case made for this one. 😅

Edit: due to all the cropping needed, the pictures seem a bit off- trust me, it's gorgeous in real life. 😉
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

A couple of more pictures.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

How neat is that! What a cool addition, thanks for posting the photos. Can you post a picture of the copyright page? Might help dig out some more info about it.