New Shawshank Bible Artist Edition announced

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
TheCollector
Site Admin

New Shawshank Bible Artist Edition announced

Post by TheCollector »

New Shawshank Bible Artist Edition announced, pasting the announcement below:
Quick Edit - this was first announced yesterday, but I've heard that some copies are still available as of this morning (Monday).

===================================================

Now that all of the Lettered and Numbered editions of the Shawshank Bible are in the hands of their new owners, it’s time to announce the Artist Edition. I know a lot of folks were disappointed they didn’t get the chance to own one of the King signed editions, so the hope is that this edition will give more people the chance to add this to their collection and enjoy the artistry and beauty of so many talented collaborators…and at a much more affordable price point. There will be 50 copies of this edition available, and they will include the following features:

· SIGNED by artist and artisan contributors:
o Glenn Chadbourne
o Mark Edward Geyer
o Francois Villaincourt
o Paul Michael Kane
o Jesse Nelson
o David Dyer

· Premium faux leather cover
· Note from Andy to Warden Norton on front-free end paper
· Printed end papers designed by Maine artist David Dyer
· Hand-hollowed rock hammer cutout
· Reprint of illustrations by famed artist Mark Edward Geyer featured in Lettered/Numbered editions
· Custom slipcase designed and crafted by Jesse Nelson
· 1 in 5 (luck of the draw) will feature an ORIGINAL Shawshank-themed remarque from one these three master artists:
o Mark Edward Geyer
o Francois Villaincourt
o Glenn Chadbourne

Price for this edition is set at $595, plus $25 shipping

IMPORTANT NOTE: To keep the cost down on this edition, the rock hammer will not be included as standard. HOWEVER, I know that many people will be interested in the rock hammer, and so I have spoken to the foundry molder who created the hammers for the lettered/numbered editions, and he is willing to take on an additional order for anyone who would like a hammer with their Artist Edition. It will feature:
· Maine Oak wood handles, cold-stamped with “AE” to designate as exclusive to this edition

The rock hammer is available for an additional charge of $350

These will be first come, first serve, and will further benefit the Innocence Project. To claim a copy of the Artist Edition, please send an email to jake@dufresnecollaborative.com. Please specify if you would like just the Bible ($595), or the Bible and rock hammer ($945). I expect these to sell out fast and will go through emails and send confirmation as quickly as I can. Downpayment of 50% will be due upon confirmation of your order, with remaining payment due by April 30th. Artist Editions are expected to ship in October, 2024.
Thank you so much for your support of Innocence Project, and The Dufresne Collaborative!