Econoclad movie edition of IT

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
Econoclad

Econoclad movie edition of IT

Post by Econoclad »

I have an Econo-clad made for schools and libraries version of the 1990 movie edition book of IT… I have not seen any photos of this book online and when I look up the isbn there is very little information… I’m wondering just how rare this thing is? Does anyone know about this version at all?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: Econoclad movie edition of IT

Post by TheCollector »

I'm not sure, although when you say it's the movie version do you mean the content of the book is in a screenplay form? Or just that it has Tim Currey, from the movie, on the cover?

arbookfind.com lists Tandem Library Books as the publisher (I was honestly expecting this to be a rebind of a Scribner PB) but that's all I've got.
https://www.arbookfind.com/bookdetail.a ... =601212020

That being said, in terms of value I don't expect this is going to break any eBay sales records.
Econoclad

Post by Econoclad »

Yes, it’s just the regular book, with Tim curry on the front and movie credits on the back. I also found out already it was from tandem books and American Co/Econo-Clad. Strange thing is there’s no publisher info inside the book. No year. Nothing. Super weird. Just the story…
I stole it from my junior high school library when I was 12, I am now 44 and the school no longer exists, so I feel safe revealing my crime. Lol. I don’t really care about the value as it holds a kind of sentimental quality to me. I just find it interesting that it’s the world’s most famous author and I can find so little info out about this particular edition.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

I can neither confirm or deny the existence of select middle school books still in my own library :)

There are so many different trade printings and reprintings of SK books that it's almost impossible to know them all. Since the vast majority are not expensive/collectible no one has bothered to keep track over the decades so much of that information has been lost to the sands of time.

Of course you could get lucky and the one guy that knows all about this particular printing is still alive and is actively checking the forums, stranger things have happened!