HOLLY : Lottery for flatsigned copy, charity for Book Industry Charitable Foundation (Binc)

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
Noxus35

HOLLY : Lottery for flatsigned copy, charity for Book Industry Charitable Foundation (Binc)

Post by Noxus35 »

There's another BINC charity copy on the horizon, i will post more details when i have them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Noxus35 on Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: HOLLY signed BINC Charity copy

Post by TheCollector »

Thanks for the heads up!
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

Sure thing, no problem! I somewhat hope that ROW residents can enter too this time, they should post details today- when i know i'll post it here.
TheCollector wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:17 am Thanks for the heads up!
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

So here it goes, they just posted this minutes ago... and guess what? It's open for internationals!

Read below:
Happy Birthday Stephen King!

Announcing the 2023 Constant Readers for a Cause Fall Fundraiser benefiting Binc!

In celebration of Stephen King's new novel Holly we are pleased to announce that Constant Readers for a Cause will be selling signed copies of Holly. Proceeds from the sale of these books will go to the benefit of the Book Industry Charitable Foundation (Binc). Binc is a foundation that helps independent bookstores and comic bookstores!

There are two ways to win a chance to purchase these books:

Option 1.

1. Constant Readers for the Cause will be holding a drawing for the opportunity to purchase a signed copy of Holly. This year we are opening the contest to everyone. No international exclusions! To enter and win a chance to purchase a signed Holly all you have to do is follow the instructions below.

Submit your name and zip (postal) code to: constantreadersforacause@yahoo.com Subject line must state "international " if you are entering from anywhere besides the U.S. If you win from outside the US, we are asking that you pay for international shipping and insurance at your own expense.

Entries for the drawing can be sent starting now through October 09, 2023, at 11:59PM. Winners will be notified by Sunday, October 15, 2023.

Please limit your entry to one per household. Duplicate entries will be disqualified.
See additional restrictions below.

Option 2.

2. Constant Readers for a Cause collects gently used King family books for hospitals, health care centers, shelters and nursing homes. Tabitha King books are very popular when we donate her books!

When you send used books to Constant Readers for Cause, you will get 1 entry to win a signed copy of Holly. We will also be selling a copy to the 2nd place winner. All books/entries must be received by December 20, 2023. The drawing will be held on December 24, 2023. One entry per household. Books need to be received by the 20th of December to be entered into the drawing.

Books can be sent to:

Constant Readers for a Cause
PO Box 324
Waterloo, Illinois 62298

Grand Prize: 1 copy of Holly to be given to one of the people who donated books to help us share King's work with those at hospitals and shelters. Grand prize winner's copy will be paid for by us at Constant Readers for a Cause.
2nd place prize: 1 copy will be offered for purchase for a second-place prize. The purchase price will be donated to BINC.

Information:

The opportunity to buy a signed copy of Holly for options 1 & 2 will be determined by the drawings.
You can enter both drawings.
Limit one entry per household per drawing.
There is no cost to enter the drawing.

If your name is drawn, you will be contacted by email and given instructions on how to purchase your copy of Holly. The link will be valid for 24 hours ONLY.
The price of the book will be $125.00 plus packing & priority shipping within the US (w/signature confirmation) for a total of $150.00.
•International cost will be $125.00 plus priority international cost + insurance.

Drawing Rules
Email your name and United States zip (postal) code to: constantreadersforacause@yahoo.com
International entries must enter their postal code and agree to pay for all postage expenses.

IMPORTANT! The name on the email entry MUST match the name on the credit card used for purchase, there are NO exceptions. NO EXCEPTIONS.

One entry per household. Multiple entries with the same billing and or shipping address will be disqualified.
$150.00 purchase price includes packing, signature confirmation, and priority shipping within the United States.
If your name is drawn you will receive an email confirmation and will have 24 hours to make your purchase.
The confirmation email will include purchasing instructions.

Any questions you may have about the drawing should be sent to constantreadersforacause@yahoo.com.

Important note: November Auction Announcement

Signed copies of Holly will be available through an online charity auction benefiting Binc and hosted by Constant Readers for a Cause in late October or November 2023.
There will be additional Stephen King items at the auction!
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: HOLLY : Lottery for flatsigned copy, charity for Book Industry Charitable Foundation (Binc)

Post by TheCollector »

Whew that's a wall of text, thank you for posting it! Is there a website URL to go with this, or just the emails linked in the announcement?

Since the deadline is October 9th, I'll put this in the monthly newsletter for more visibility.
Noxus35

Re: HOLLY : Lottery for flatsigned copy, charity for Book Industry Charitable Foundation (Binc)

Post by Noxus35 »

Sure, no problem! Just looking out for fellow collectors here- they only accept entries via e-mail & i don't believe they actually have a website. 😉
TheCollector wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:40 am Whew that's a wall of text, thank you for posting it! Is there a website URL to go with this, or just the emails linked in the announcement?

Since the deadline is October 9th, I'll put this in the monthly newsletter for more visibility.
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

Also, on the contest part of above post, if you're (or anyone else is) going to participate and donate books to enter the raffle to win one of the 2 signed copies; they will count the package as one entry, you will only get one entry no matter how many packages you sent over + be sure to slip in a little note with your contact info in case that they will need to contact you if actually win a copy.

That is all folks.
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

Last day to enter for a chance on a copy of this, good luck to all who entered (including myself)! 🤞
Sherlock Joe's

Post by Sherlock Joe's »

Noxus35 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:30 pm Last day to enter for a chance on a copy of this, good luck to all who entered (including myself)! 🤞
Should I have gotten some kind of response from them that they received my email entry?

Thanks!
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

None whatsoever, they won't reply to confirm entries- too much work i guess, good luck though!
Sherlock Joe's wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:29 am
Noxus35 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:30 pm Last day to enter for a chance on a copy of this, good luck to all who entered (including myself)! 🤞
Should I have gotten some kind of response from them that they received my email entry?

Thanks!