New SK Book Announced

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
jwilkinson404

New SK Book Announced

Post by jwilkinson404 »

Unofficially announced, I believe, so I may be jumping the gun: You Like It Darker - Short story collection for 2024

Overlook is already taking pre-orders (with options for a Chadbourne cover and remarque, of course). I expect I will see an email from CD any day for a slipcase.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: New SK Book Announced

Post by TheCollector »

Thanks for the heads up! Did a little googling and looks like King mentioned it in a podcast yesterday

jwilkinson404 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:16 am Overlook is already taking pre-orders (with options for a Chadbourne cover and remarque, of course). I expect I will see an email from CD any day for a slipcase.
Truer words were never spoken lol.
mulleins

Post by mulleins »

It is true....coming sometime in 2024.

A very long 600 page anthology. Some new stories, some old (if I'm understanding it correctly).

One of the new stories will be called "The Dreamers" – which will feature characters accessing a reality that exists beyond dreams.

I like his short story books. Makes for some fun reading or listening in the car (while driving on a dark stormy night trying to make it home).

Ralph
jwilkinson404

Post by jwilkinson404 »

I enjoy the short story collections as well, working on FDNS right now, actually.

I wonder if the "sequel" to Cujo will be included or if that's going to be it's own book, I am hoping for it being it's own.
mulleins

Post by mulleins »

A little birdie mentioned that the novella "Rattlesnake's" will most likely be part of this anthology release.

We will have to wait to see if the birdie is correct.

Ralph
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

SKFirstEditions just released a video talking a little bit about You Like it Darker and the potential Talisman/Blackhouse sequel (Talisman 3 maybe?) + another Holly book "We Think Not"

Fsmdr

Post by Fsmdr »

Wonderful news! More than one more books by King to look forward to! I'm dreading the future when we will no longer have any new King novels to look forward to... :|