CARRIE - The Constant Reader Edition

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
Noxus35

CARRIE - The Constant Reader Edition

Post by Noxus35 »

From Stephen King Books facebook page. 😉

"The Constant Reader Edition is a special one-off edition of a classic Stephen King novel. It is a beautiful edition with its own unique design and comes packaged in a special collector’s box with several exclusive accompanying items.

We are delighted to reveal that the Constant Reader Edition will be of Stephen King’s first published novel, Carrie.

More information, including where and how to order, to come in the next couple of days!"

I'll try to keep up with this edition as more information becomes available.
Noxus35

Re: CARRIE - The Constant Reader Edition

Post by Noxus35 »

Maybe an Anniversary Edition of Carrie? I do know that Hodder & Stoughton seem to be involved here.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

May be weird coming from me, but I'd prefer they focus on titles that don't already have a limited edition made.

That being said, I'm obviously curious about the details.
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

TheCollector wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:50 am May be weird coming from me, but I'd prefer they focus on titles that don't already have a limited edition made.

That being said, I'm obviously curious about the details.
I'd prefer that as well, isn't Carrie having it's 50th anniversary next year though? Either way, i'll be looking out for this and will decide on release if i'm interested or not.

From their facebook page, posted today:

" We are so excited to finally reveal all the details of our Constant Reader Edition of Stephen King’s first published novel, Carrie.

This one-off print run hardback edition of Carrie has its own unique design and has sprayed edges, stunning endpapers and a ribbon marker.

It arrives packed in a special collector’s box, with four stunning limited edition art prints featuring iconic quotes from the book, and a Constant Reader badge.

Stephen King has contributed to The Constant Reader Edition with a new conversation with his British editor about Carrie. The transcript of this Q&A session will be included in The Constant Reader box alongside the book. The books will not be signed.

Orders for the Constant Reader Edition will open here https://fal.cn/3xBHN at 12pm BST on Tuesday 25th April 2023 and close at 12 noon BST on Monday 23rd May 2023. A single print run of The Constant Reader Edition will then be created to fulfil these orders which will be despatched in August 2023. No future orders will be taken – this is your one chance to own this incredible edition!

*Orders limited to one copy per customer. Not available to US, Canada, the Philippines and some other territories (check the website for full details). *"
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Thanks for the update, with order info available I should probably put a newsletter out on this for the "outside the USA" crowd. With orders open on the 25th it's not crazy time sensitive so this weekend sometime.

I'm a little surprised to see it's not Folio Society, or H&S doing this.... Special Edition Books, which seems to be under the Hachette umbrella. Does SK have any other deals with Hachette?
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

Yeah, it does appear to be a bit weird but isn't H&S imprint of Hachette?
I believe so, which might explain why this edition will be sold by SEB like they did previously with the S/L of Fairy Tale (the H&S logo is stamped on the spine).

The Folio Society, however, might eventually publish their own edition, maybe even in April of next year. Who knows, right?

Either way, looking forward to seeing the edition and price range. Even though it won't be signed.
TheCollector wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:38 am Thanks for the update, with order info available I should probably put a newsletter out on this for the "outside the USA" crowd. With orders open on the 25th it's not crazy time sensitive so this weekend sometime.

I'm a little surprised to see it's not Folio Society, or H&S doing this.... Special Edition Books, which seems to be under the Hachette umbrella. Does SK have any other deals with Hachette?
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Noxus35 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:44 pm Yeah, it does appear to be a bit weird but isn't H&S imprint of Hachette?
I believe so, which might explain why this edition will be sold by SEB like they did previously with the S/L of Fairy Tale (the H&S logo is stamped on the spine).

The Folio Society, however, might eventually publish their own edition, maybe even in April of next year. Who knows, right?

Either way, looking forward to seeing the edition and price range. Even though it won't be signed.
TheCollector wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:38 am Thanks for the update, with order info available I should probably put a newsletter out on this for the "outside the USA" crowd. With orders open on the 25th it's not crazy time sensitive so this weekend sometime.

Oh I had to look it up just now, you're right H&S and Special Edition books are both Hachette companies so that kind of makes sense from a rights perspective anyway.

You have any inside info? The Folio Society in April of Next year seems pretty specific :)
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

Not really, no. No inside info, but it would make sense considering that Carrie was originally released 50 years ago on the 5th of April, 1974.

So the timing seems to be correct and would be fitting if they did just that. ;)
mulleins

Post by mulleins »

If any of our UK friends here don't want a copy, and will order one on my behalf, I will gladly help them out in return.

Ralph Mulleins