Veryfinebooks

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
CamFella

Veryfinebooks

Post by CamFella »

Does anyone else have a feel for the margins at veryfinebooks? Their margins seem quite high although their sales also seem quite high...

https://veryfinebooks.com/stephen-king- ... -printing/

Cam
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jwilkinson404

Re: Veryfinebooks

Post by jwilkinson404 »

I always check their emails just to see what new things they have that I cannot afford. Even books I would normally be able to afford are instantly out of my league from them. I see that copy of Misery went fast. But it does answer my question on whether or not Jeff makes a slipcase for Misery.
sunflowersociety

Post by sunflowersociety »

Some of their prices make my eyes water, but if people are willing to pay them....just not me! ;)
pjdavis

Post by pjdavis »

Emmanuel is always willing to entertain offers. I have negotiated prices on a few books and got what I thought was a reasonable deal.
CamFella

Post by CamFella »

Acknowledged, PJ, and thank you. Caveat emptor. I do not deny that negotiation is possible.

Regards,
Cam
millertek

Post by millertek »

VFB's prices are in the higher range for their entire inventory (not just Stephen King). They are very accurate in there descriptions and condition info, too. Sure, you might be able to find the same items cheaper from other sources, but I have found from shopping around, similar copies in the same condition and guaranteed are quite limited - so clearly VFB caters to serious book collectors who are willing to pay that extra premium to avoid the hassles of doing due diligence, and asking questions from sellers that are less knowledgeable and leave out key info in their descriptions.

I purchased a Six Stories signed & numbered in immaculate condition with a custom traycase, and a version of The New Lieutenant's Rap that was extremely rare and unique. They were open to negotiations and I was satisfied with the results.

Also, they offer items that are rare and signed at lower pricing because they are newer and no secondary market value has been established yet. Watch for those as in many cases - these eventually do appreciate in value! Joe Hill items for example...

So - don't be too quick to write them off - you might be surprised every once in a while by an announced sale. Also, when you can afford a book you're willing to pay top dollar for....they often have what you are looking for.