Carrie 10th printing vs BCE

Are you looking for a specific number or book? Maybe you have a book someone is looking for... post it here! If you'd like to advertize your own ebay listings here as well that would be fine, just don't spam the boards.
Forum rules
- Only members can see and post to this Forum

- I am providing a forum for communication I but do not endorse, nor can I be responsible for anything bought or sold via this forum.

- If abuse is reported I will take whatever action I see fit, including banning of the user account.
Angelos

Carrie 10th printing vs BCE

Post by Angelos »

Hello everyone. I am new here and new to the hobby. I wanna buy a hardcover of Carrie and since I dont have the money for a 1st edition 1st printing I would like your opinion on this. I found an opportunity for a 1st edition 10th printing. Is it better than any book club edition? I know that neither of them worth much but which one is better? And how much do you believe the 1st edition 10th printing is worth in very good condition?
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: Carrie 10th printing vs BCE

Post by TheCollector »

Welcome to collecting and the forums Angelos!

Ah, "better" is one of those subjective terms. In general, if you're not going with a 1st/1st (which is understandable, copies can be crazy expensive). Then I would just look for a nice condition copy that fits your budget, it doesn't matter if it's a later trade edition or a book club edition as long as you're happy with it. In terms of value all later and BC printings are a fraction of the price of a 1st/st. Condition is going to matter more than the specific print run in your case, a pristine 20th printing is going to be worth more than a raggedy 4th printing.

In terms of finding value, here's a list of all the recent eBay auctions for copies of Carrie that actually sold (this is important because just because a book is for sale on eBay doesn't mean it actually sells at a given price).

You can check out each book and the condition of the book to get a sense of the value on these later printings. Then keep an eye out for current sales that are a similar price with a similar condition.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/Books/267/i.ht ... 5573.m1684