Doctor sleep CD

Any questions related to limited editions
Post Reply
miserywilkes
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:57 pm
Karma: 0
Location: Great Britain UK

Doctor sleep CD

Post by miserywilkes » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:28 am

Hi everyone, when CD announced that they still had a few copies of the slipcased edition of Doctor sleep left over in their inventory, i have just heard off someone who said that they might be publisher's copy's (PC), what do you think, i did order a extra one as i wanted to keep one sealed, i haven't received my copy yet though but am hoping its not a PC copy, Cheers Owen



mulleins
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 1:18 pm
Karma: 0
Location: Virginia

Re: Doctor sleep CD

Post by mulleins » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:04 am

miserywilkes wrote:Hi everyone, when CD announced that they still had a few copies of the slipcased edition of Doctor sleep left over in their inventory, i have just heard off someone who said that they might be publisher's copy's (PC), what do you think, i did order a extra one as i wanted to keep one sealed, i haven't received my copy yet though but am hoping its not a PC copy, Cheers Owen
The slipcase version of Dr. Sleep is limited to 1750 copies but NOT numbered at all. Therefore no PC copies possible.

Hope this helps

Mulleins

044hnoor
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:13 am
Karma: 0

Re: Doctor sleep CD

Post by 044hnoor » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:41 am

i did order a extra one as i wanted to keep one sealed, i haven't received my copy yet though but am hoping its not a PC copy,

Mr. Rabbit Trick
Posts: 452
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:27 am
Karma: 6

Re: Doctor sleep CD

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:43 am

mulleins wrote: The slipcase version of Dr. Sleep is limited to 1750 copies but NOT numbered at all. Therefore no PC copies possible.
Correct.

Because they are not numbered, how do you know there were only 1750 copies printed. Publishers always print lots more copies for damages/losses etc.

A publisher could continually print an unnumbered book for evermore, and no-one would be any wiser.

mulleins
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 1:18 pm
Karma: 0
Location: Virginia

Re: Doctor sleep CD

Post by mulleins » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:27 pm

Mr. Rabbit Trick wrote:
mulleins wrote: The slipcase version of Dr. Sleep is limited to 1750 copies but NOT numbered at all. Therefore no PC copies possible.
Correct.

Because they are not numbered, how do you know there were only 1750 copies printed. Publishers always print lots more copies for damages/losses etc.

A publisher could continually print an unnumbered book for evermore, and no-one would be any wiser.

jhanic
Moderator
Posts: 1349
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:08 pm
Karma: 4
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

Re: Doctor sleep CD

Post by jhanic » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:02 pm

Mr. Rabbit Trick wrote:
mulleins wrote: The slipcase version of Dr. Sleep is limited to 1750 copies but NOT numbered at all. Therefore no PC copies possible.
Correct.

Because they are not numbered, how do you know there were only 1750 copies printed. Publishers always print lots more copies for damages/losses etc.

A publisher could continually print an unnumbered book for evermore, and no-one would be any wiser.
I would like to add that CD is one of the most reputable small publishers out there and if they say there were 1750 copies printed, I believe them.

John

Mr. Rabbit Trick
Posts: 452
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:27 am
Karma: 6

Re: Doctor sleep CD

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:10 am

jhanic wrote:I would like to add that CD is one of the most reputable small publishers out there and if they say there were 1750 copies printed, I believe them.

John
(I was making a general comment about publishers, not specifically CD.)

Incidently, there is nowhere on CD's Limited Gift Edition of Doctor Sleep that says it is limited to a number. It does not mention 1750 copies anywhere.

mulleins
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 1:18 pm
Karma: 0
Location: Virginia

Re: Doctor sleep CD

Post by mulleins » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:59 am

Mr. Rabbit Trick wrote:
jhanic wrote:I would like to add that CD is one of the most reputable small publishers out there and if they say there were 1750 copies printed, I believe them.

John
(I was making a general comment about publishers, not specifically CD.)

Incidently, there is nowhere on CD's Limited Gift Edition of Doctor Sleep that says it is limited to a number. It does not mention 1750 copies anywhere.
The book may not sat it but CD's website clearly states it. This is why I print info like that out and put with my copies.

Post Reply