CD Artist Edition Doubleday years.

Any questions related to limited editions
BrianJamesFreeman

Re: CD Artist Edition Doubleday years.

Post by BrianJamesFreeman »

jimimck wrote:Tease!

How about a preview for those of us who haven't ordered Carrie yet ;)
Sure, here you go!

BrianJamesFreeman

We’ve finally received our approval copies for the Gift Edition of Carrie by Stephen King, and we've posted a couple of "sneak peek" photos on our website:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/car ... ek-photos/

Brian
millertek

Post by millertek »

My opinion regarding the CD Doubleday years set -

Well, this is an opportunity for a newer (and serious) SK collector to begin investing in limited editions and maintaining a new relationship with CD and other publishers. For example - when I started collecting SK and made the decision to invest and reserve limited printings several years ago - I found an opening about the time CD released From a Buick 8 and Grant issued some of the Artist Editions of the Dark Tower series. I reserved and bought the gift editions at first, and then moved to reserving the signed Traycased editions once I was able to reserve a specific number and commit to buying those printings. You see those first Artist Editions were affordable and it was comfortable enough for me to begin - then I was able to consider the high-end signed SK limited later on. These doubleday releases by CD are perfect for an SK collector ready to take that step into advanced collecting - as the important part of the Doubleday set -

You want to reserve the same number to get the entire set. That is where the value of such a commitment and investment would make sense.
BrianJamesFreeman

I only had a few minutes to snap these photos, but they'll give you the general idea of what the Numbered Artist Edition of Carrie looks like:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/car ... ek-photos/

Brian
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Nice work Brian. On a related note, I couldn't find info on who the Salem's Lot interior artist is, (or the pre-order page) has that info been made available?
BrianJamesFreeman

TheCollector wrote:Nice work Brian. On a related note, I couldn't find info on who the Salem's Lot interior artist is, (or the pre-order page) has that info been made available?
It has not yet been made available, but we're not too far off. The collectors who ordered Carrie will get first shot at 'Salem's Lot next month and then we'll officially offer the book for pre-sale a little bit after that. Thanks!

Brian
BrianJamesFreeman

A quick shot of a stack of CARRIE Numbered Artist Edition books waiting on their traycases:

Brian
BrianJamesFreeman

Pretty big update going out today to those who ordered CARRIE from us. Watch your inbox!

Brian
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

Just saw the email Brian. Looking good!
BrianJamesFreeman

We're sending an email update to the CARRIE Lettered Artist Edition preorder customers right now that includes two photos. If you ordered this edition from us, you should receive the email soon. Send me a message if you don't see it in the next 60 minutes or so. I'll post the photos online for everyone after our direct customers have seen them.

Brian