COLLECTOR FORUMS... Ask questions - Get Answers
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Ranking of SK's books
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:36 am 

Happened to come across this over the weekend. It list all of King's works through Dr. Sleep and ranks them from worst to first. Some interesting choices...

http://www.vulture.com/2012/04/ranking- ... books.html

Post subject: Re: Ranking of SK's books
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:48 am 

Wow so much to disagree with. Christine at 49, should be much higher. Thinner should be higher too. That's for starters.

Bob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:21 pm 

No way is 11/22/63 is only #24. I would put it #2 after The Stand. I disagree with a few but opinions are like bellybuttons...everyone has one.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:18 pm 

Whoa! i know everyone has different opinions but this list is quite off, i don't think Rose Madder is his worst book (for me and people i know that would be Dreamcatcher), Gerald's Game is one of my favourites and deserves to be lower down, Christine at 49! is way off!!, Hearts in Atlantis is certainly one of my favourites and i think the best written, Dolores Claiborne and Pet Sematary two of his best, Black House is way too low, i'm not really sure what to make of Lisey's story , Misery one of my Favourites, (the description - Paul Sheldon's no 1 fan is one of Kings most hilarious bats**t crazy creations)!!, The shining perhaps above IT, although that's a classic, On Writing is non fiction and i think should be separate, and of course (as i heard someone call it) "the modern day Bible at 1

their my opinions, but some on the list are way off.

Owen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:17 am 
Site Admin

Anyone who ranks "On Writing" as King's number 2 book shouldn't be making a list in the first place.

The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
--Your source for info on rare Stephen King--

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:58 pm 

TheCollector wrote:
Anyone who ranks "On Writing" as King's number 2 book shouldn't be making a list in the first place.

Yeah surely even King would agree, its his story's that is his best work, not the book on how he writes them, Don't get me wrong "On Writing" is a great book, but not his second best work.

Owen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:04 pm 

downs1418 wrote:
Happened to come across this over the weekend. It list all of King's works through Dr. Sleep and ranks them from worst to first. Some interesting choices...

http://www.vulture.com/2012/04/ranking- ... books.html

Thanks for sharing the link.

I too am not sure how they came up with the ranking. I agree that #1 is The Stand; I think 11/22/63 should be in the top 20 and The Green Mile in the top 10. I was surprised that Wizard and Glass was the highest ranked DT book, but being my favorite of the series I am ok with that.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:39 am 

My Saturday morning route includes a used bookstore. One owner loves SK and the other likes SK. They have a small section in their store with a first Shining and a couple S/L.

They both just finished 11/22/63 and were disappointed, they thought the romance dragged. Shocked me because I loved it so. They put The Shining as #1. So who is right...eye of the beholder maybe.

Another blog...hope it links.

http://thetruthinsidethelie.blogspot.ca ... books.html

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:21 pm 

The link works for me, again everyone has favourites but come on The Stand at 15!, and Different Seasons at 1!

Owen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:00 am 

Hearts in Atlantis is certainly one of my favourites and i think the best written, Dolores Claiborne and Pet Sematary two of his best, Black House is way too low, i'm not really sure what to make of Lisey's story , Misery one of my Favourites, (the description - Paul Sheldon's no 1 fan is one of Kings most hilarious bats**t crazy creations)!!, The shining perhaps above IT, although that's a classic, On Writing is non fiction and i think should be separate, and of course (as i heard someone call it) "the modern day Bible at 1 ???

If you are looking for fast success in 640-864 dumps exams then join today to explore complete microsoft dumps Testking and pass bac certification on first try. A person can chose www.tabor.edu a+ training for his Goucher College