25th anniversary edition of IT - Limited ed from CD

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
ur2ndbiggestfan

Re: 25th anniversary edition of IT - Limited ed from CD

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

I'm glad they straightened out the server problems, and I did get to order a limited. But still, if the book had gone online at the time announced I would have had time to order a lettered. The thing that I don't like is if (and I mean if because this may not be the case), some of the letterreds are going to individuals whose sole purpose in buying them is to just turn around and make a profit from them. These books should go to collectors who just want the book and have no plans on selling them, unless hardship down the line warrants this, which I DO understand having gone through some troubling times myself.
Then again, how is CD supposed to know the minds of its buyers? I don't blame them for the secondary market, which I myself have taken advantage of on occasion. Again though, if the book had NOT been bought by a secondary seller I might have had a shot at it in the first place! It's kind of a Catch 22 I guess.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

The signed limited is now officially sold out.

John
Bob M

Post by Bob M »

Does anyone else think that CD is getting too pricey on their books? $125, $475 and $2000 dollars. I understand that they are selling out quickly, but still, that is a lot of money. Only a couple of years ago, I remeber paying $75 for a gift edition. I do not think SOD II was this expensive either.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

The gift editions of both Full Dark, No Stars and Secretary of Dreams II were priced at $75. You much remember, though, that It is a MUCH larger book. I don't really see $125 for it as that out of line.

John
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

I'm assuming $125 is a bit of a one off for this Gift edition, purely based on the size of IT. To be expected for such a large book I think.

Wouldn't be surprised if the next gift edition CD does for King drops back to $75 if it is a standard sized book...

James
Bob M

Post by Bob M »

I guess I was misleading in my post. I think $2,000 dollars for a lettered edition is outrageous. $475 for teh signed also seems high to me. Maybe I am just being critical, but that just seems expensive.
thl

Post by thl »

Bob M wrote:I guess I was misleading in my post. I think $2,000 dollars for a lettered edition is outrageous. $475 for teh signed also seems high to me. Maybe I am just being critical, but that just seems expensive.
Agree. CD is probably playing with the value of the Book (the content) for all of the constant readers around the world and not with the physical value of the paper. Obviously if the signed edition was cheaper a lot of people would have been happier but that's the market ... If noone bought the lettered editio (impossible, even at 2000$) CD would have been forced to lower the price.

thl
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

The lettered editions sold out within an hour.

John
Fsmdr

Post by Fsmdr »

I do have one of the lettered on order. I was lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time. However, I doubt that there will be much profit being made from reselling these. At $2K, being already so expensive, I'm actually rather sure that I will be making a loss if I tried to resell it later. I would say that most of the buyer of the lettered are hard core collectors, to be sucker enough to pay that price. :D

My guess if the novel is not 'IT'. the price of the lettered would probably be closer to $1.5K.
Bob M

Post by Bob M »

Thank You Fsmdr, finally someone who thinks $2,000 pricey for a book, even a lettered edition. $2,000 dolars is more than a months mortgage for me. Also 4 months car payment. Just putting it in perspective I guess. Congratulations to all that were able to get on the list for one an dcould afford it.