Knowing Darkness - Artist Inspired by SK

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
fleggett
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:59 pm
Karma: 0
Location: Winter Park, FL
Contact:

Re: Knowing Darkness - Artist Inspired by SK

Post by fleggett » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:56 pm

TheCollector wrote:bookslipcase.com made a one off case for one of these that hangs on the wall (you're responsible for making sure it's drilled into a stud). Here's a pic.
Holy shit (can I say shit in here?)! That looks incredible! Do you know the case's weight and how it attaches to the wall? How many people would need to be interested before you could approach bookslipcase? Are we talking under or over $500?

Damn, you know, that opens up a world of possibilities for other special-special-SPECIAL books that deserve such treatment.



User avatar
TheCollector
Site Admin
Posts: 1254
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:00 pm
Karma: 7
Location: West Coast
Contact:

Re: Knowing Darkness - Artist Inspired by SK

Post by TheCollector » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:31 am

fleggett wrote: Holy shit (can I say shit in here?)! That looks incredible! Do you know the case's weight and how it attaches to the wall? How many people would need to be interested before you could approach bookslipcase? Are we talking under or over $500?

Damn, you know, that opens up a world of possibilities for other special-special-SPECIAL books that deserve such treatment.
Well I'll tell you what, I'll go ahead and and nail down a few specifics and post them, we'll see what the reaction is.

Might be a couple days - don't slobber up the forums too much while you wait ;)

fleggett
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:59 pm
Karma: 0
Location: Winter Park, FL
Contact:

Re: Knowing Darkness - Artist Inspired by SK

Post by fleggett » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:18 pm

That's cool. Whenever you can get some specifics. In the meantime, I've got a stack of books I have to Brodart. Now, if I can just figure out how to apply these newfangled sleeves (they're not center-slit, which is to what I'm accustomed)....

igotdblues
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:24 pm
Karma: 0

Re: Knowing Darkness - Artist Inspired by SK

Post by igotdblues » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:52 pm

Hi all,

I have been following these boards for several months, and today I took the leap and joined.. Yay me...

I purchased the tray case signed edition of Knowing Darkness (#11/300) from a seller on Ebay for $450 delivered! I thought it was a pretty good price. I actually made the deal outside of Ebay, but the seller still has 3 available @ $650 or best offer - If anyone is still interested check out Ebay. I see from his history he has gone as low as $550+ shipping. If you feel confident enough, you may be able to get it cheaper by buying direct, outside of Ebay.

[My copy arrived brand new in box, and it appears it shipped direct from Centipede Press in Colorado--->??very odd I thought??]

I am in no way affiliated with the seller, but I thought he treated me pretty well - Not sure if all sets come with an additional set loose pre-production prints but he threw in about 2 dozen pages of prints and pages with hand written notes on them (the notes actually appear as the captions used in the published book).. I can post pictures if anyone is interested.

Please let me know if this is the appropriate place to post this message.

Chris

jhanic
Moderator
Posts: 1347
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:08 pm
Karma: 2
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

Re: Knowing Darkness - Artist Inspired by SK

Post by jhanic » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:05 am

Hi Chris and welcome to the boards!

Even at the $650 price (plus the $29.30 shipping) is a good deal. You got a great deal! (I wonder where this guy is getting them, though. As he says in his auction, that's dealer pricing.)

John

User avatar
TheCollector
Site Admin
Posts: 1254
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:00 pm
Karma: 7
Location: West Coast
Contact:

Re: Knowing Darkness - Artist Inspired by SK

Post by TheCollector » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:57 am

igotdblues wrote:


Please let me know if this is the appropriate place to post this message.

Chris
Quite appropriate, and welcome to the boards! Sure post the link. Speaking of KD, most of the display case details are worked out, should have full info and an ordering page in a week or so.

grog
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:36 pm
Karma: 0

Re: Knowing Darkness - Artist Inspired by SK

Post by grog » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:41 pm

Hello,

My name is Rob and i am the seller of trhis book. I had no idea about this forum and just found out today. Since I assume anyone on this forum is a die hard King fan I exend the invitation to buy this book from me if anyone is interested. Email me at robbery821@aol.com if interested and we can talk. I will do my best price for anyone that emails me from this forum. Theres not many copies left and I cannot stress enough what an amazing book it is. I will also include some extra goodies in the box. My ebay name is musicfan66. Solid feedback and reputation.

Mods hope this was cool of me to do. If not feel free to delete
Last edited by grog on Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grog
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:36 pm
Karma: 0

Re: Knowing Darkness - Artist Inspired by SK

Post by grog » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:43 pm

igotdblues wrote:Hi all,

I have been following these boards for several months, and today I took the leap and joined.. Yay me...

I purchased the tray case signed edition of Knowing Darkness (#11/300) from a seller on Ebay for $450 delivered! I thought it was a pretty good price. I actually made the deal outside of Ebay, but the seller still has 3 available @ $650 or best offer - If anyone is still interested check out Ebay. I see from his history he has gone as low as $550+ shipping. If you feel confident enough, you may be able to get it cheaper by buying direct, outside of Ebay.

[My copy arrived brand new in box, and it appears it shipped direct from Centipede Press in Colorado--->??very odd I thought??]

I am in no way affiliated with the seller, but I thought he treated me pretty well - Not sure if all sets come with an additional set loose pre-production prints but he threw in about 2 dozen pages of prints and pages with hand written notes on them (the notes actually appear as the captions used in the published book).. I can post pictures if anyone is interested.

Please let me know if this is the appropriate place to post this message.

Chris
Chris,

I knew you would love the book. Hope you liked all the freebies. Thanks for the kind words

grog
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:36 pm
Karma: 0

Re: Knowing Darkness - Artist Inspired by SK

Post by grog » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:47 pm

jhanic wrote:Hi Chris and welcome to the boards!

Even at the $650 price (plus the $29.30 shipping) is a good deal. You got a great deal! (I wonder where this guy is getting them, though. As he says in his auction, that's dealer pricing.)

John
John

to answer your question, I am a dealer and have been for many years. Not so much a King dealer but I love art books and usually try and sell the really nice ones. I am direct with Centipede press and believe Jerad to be one of the most stand up guys out there. They make some of the nicest products I have ever seen.

Rob

grog
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:36 pm
Karma: 0

Re: Knowing Darkness - Artist Inspired by SK

Post by grog » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:07 pm

TheCollector wrote:bookslipcase.com made a one off case for one of these that hangs on the wall (you're responsible for making sure it's drilled into a stud). Here's a pic.

If people are interested I can ask about pricing and if MULTIPLE people are interested I can see if these can get produced at a discount like the UTD cases.

Let me know
Definetly interested. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Post Reply