Cell ARC

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
lizaradley

Cell ARC

Post by lizaradley »

Hi All

Does anybody know if there is a UK advanced reading copy of cell.

I have a softcover copy of the book which is the same size and colour as the hardback edition but i can't find any infomation about this book

Thanks
biomieg

Re: Cell ARC

Post by biomieg »

I haven't heard of a UK Cell ARC (there is a US one but it's exceedingly scarce). Do you have pictures of the book and its copyright page? Are you sure it's not simply a trade paperback (for example, there is a UK trade PB of Under The Dome that has the same size and cover art as the trade HB, I believe)?
lizaradley

Post by lizaradley »

Hi

Thanks for the reply - I will take photos of it leter and post them up
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

The Cell book you mention is just the trade edition in softcover. They are released at the same time as the hardback. I buy them for reading copies.

Hodder & Stoughton did not have an ARC for Cell, but did release a sampler. They did the same for Blaze and Just After Sunset.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I agree that there was no Cell proof issued in the UK. As Mr. Rabbit Trick said, there was only a promotional sampler. Waterstone also issued a metal charm in the shape of a book for the premier. If I remember correctly, there were approximately 5000 of these charms distributed. There was a hardcover Advance Reader Copy issued, however, that included the publisher's letter.

The US Cell proof is probably one of the scarcer recent King proofs out there. I know of only about three in collections (I have one.)

I also have the trade paperback of the UK Cell edition. I received it before I actually got my hardcover UK version (which was actually the Advance Reader Copy).

John
lizaradley

Post by lizaradley »

Hi

Thanks for the help

I have a trade copy then - i also have the advertising booklet that went with it!
I take it that its not worth anything then !
I may as well read that one and save my first edition hardback then!

Kind Regards
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

If the promotional booklet looks like this:

That is worth something--more than the trade paperback!

John