COLLECTOR FORUMS... Ask questions - Get Answers
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: UTD UK special edition
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:41 pm 

jhanic wrote:
"Never resist temptation--it may not pass your way again." -- Lazarus Long (aka Robert A. Heinlein).

John

That quote is fantastic!! :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:41 pm 

ur2ndbiggestfan wrote:
Quote:
Please!, somebody talk me out of it and tell me its a stupid idea.... before my wife finds out. ;)

Here are some SK books I passed on in the last few years:

1. Extra copies of the limited CUJO from Mysterious press, I could have had them for $75 each
2. Same as above on DANSE MACABRE
3. I was at a convention where numerous copies of the signed limited FIRESTARTER from Phantasia Press were sitting on a table begging to be bought at the original price.
4. A postcard sent to me by a book dealer saying he "only had 20 copies left of SIX STORIES for $135 each"; I didn't even buy one.
5. The limited BLACK HOUSE from Grant which I passed on for some unknown reason.

Maybe this will help with your decision!

... wow... :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:22 am 

biomieg wrote:
jhanic wrote:
"Never resist temptation--it may not pass your way again." -- Lazarus Long (aka Robert A. Heinlein).

John

That quote is fantastic!! :D

The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

John

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:20 am 

Thanks for all the encouragment guys !

It appears this is finally sold out :cry: , Waterstones information on their site is way out of date. Hatchards do not have any left after being informed by a very surly young gentleman.

Oh well... it was a good idea!... at least im still married :|

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:35 pm 
Site Admin

MrLevity wrote:

It appears this is finally sold out :cry: , Waterstones information on their site is way out of date. Hatchards do not have any left after being informed by a very surly young gentleman.

Oh they'll have plenty of returns I think. A lot of folks seem to be requesting refunds for poorly shipped books that arrived damaged...the only catch? You'll be getting a damaged book :x

The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
--Your source for info on rare Stephen King--

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:14 am 

TheCollector wrote:
MrLevity wrote:

Oh they'll have plenty of returns I think. A lot of folks seem to be requesting refunds for poorly shipped books that arrived damaged...the only catch? You'll be getting a damaged book :x

they suggested to buy another book, send the damaged back and ask for a refund. this is unacceptable for very limited editions. BTW I'm still waiting for an answer to my reply (partial refund)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:56 pm 

Who suggested? waterstones? Just wanted to be clear in case I receive a damaged book.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:07 pm 

So...waitasec. You're saying those of us who bought the book in the past two or three days might be getting damaged goods? That these are scratch and dents? Is that even legal without informing the buyer, especially for an item like this?

BTW, I received #657 of the the artist edition of Eluria today - no remarque. ;( Ohwell, didn't hurt to try.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:04 am 

yep, waterstones customer care suggested that. obviusly now it's no more valid as the book is sold out.

damages caused by the poor packaging include mainly bumped corner. IHMO it's unlikely to get scratched books (at least the package covers the whole book...( This is a problem which affects all the shipments and not only the ones in the last days. I did two orders, same packages, same courier (not mail) one is bumped and one not...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:14 am 

Waterstone's is using the same sort of packaging that Amazon uses. The book is wrapped in the cardboard mailer, with no other protection inside. My copy of my book is in perfect condition, but one of the corners from my sllpcase has a very slight dent. The card pack was undamaged. But, for the $165 I paid for it, there is no way I'm sending it back.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next