Other places to sell/buy.

Are you looking for a specific number or book? Maybe you have a book someone is looking for... post it here! If you'd like to advertize your own ebay listings here as well that would be fine, just don't spam the boards.
Forum rules
- Only members can see and post to this Forum

- I am providing a forum for communication I but do not endorse, nor can I be responsible for anything bought or sold via this forum.

- If abuse is reported I will take whatever action I see fit, including banning of the user account.
demorgan

Other places to sell/buy.

Post by demorgan »

I apologize if this subject has been covered. Im curious to where others have bought and sold books.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: Other places to sell/buy.

Post by TheCollector »

I think the top 3 places would be ebay, thedarktower.com and here. A few people also sell on abebooks and such, but I think that's more difficult to set up.

Oh, you can also sell your book on consignment thru both bettsbooks.com and veryfinebooks.com
ELazansky

Post by ELazansky »

I've bought books from the following online stores, all with great success:

Abebooks - all sellers I've dealt with here have been great
Camelot Books
Betts Books
Cold Tonnage Books - UK stuff
Lurker

Post by Lurker »

I buy from the usual suspects (Betts, Grant, CD, PS, Centepde).
I have bought using ABE but had trouble with one vendor, so now I try to see if the seller has a direct website.
I also buy from Ziesing, Kathmandu Books, Subterranean, Bad Moon.
I'll plug my local mystery shop - they get some great people coming through for autographed books at Murder by the Book in Houston and if I don't use Amazon.uk or Waterstone's I get UK books from Firsts in Print. I've bought all my UK King's from Amazon since the .uk went online and never had any problem with damage.

Gee, think I buy too many books?
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

demorgan wrote:I apologize if this subject has been covered. Im curious to where others have bought and sold books.
Don't know how i glazed over that (must not have had my coffee yet). My previous post was just for selling. :mrgreen:
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I often buy from the publishers, also, such as Grant, Cemetary Dance (only ones that have been published, no pre-orders if I can avoid them), PS Publishing, Subterranean, etc. This used to be the best way to get the best deal on King's books. Now, however, with the advent of the large secondary markets (ABE, eBay, etc.), some books are selling at below the publisher's prices.

John