COLLECTOR FORUMS... Ask questions - Get Answers
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: UTD UK special edition
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:20 am 

John, Waterstones and Hatchards are sister companies - both owned by HMV. If you check the Waterstones website you'll see links to both Hatchards and HMV. Hatchards would be classed as the 'upmarket' bookseller of the two.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:50 am 

Here's a few photos of the UK limited:

ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:48 pm 

Nice pictures!
WARNING - I ordered this book and got all the e-mails regarding the purchase and sending of the book, BUT my credit card information was hacked! I am in the USA. Someone ordered $226.60 of products from a UK company called Strawberrynet.com. I have stopped payment on this and e-mailed Strawberry. So please check your bank statements! It is also sad to say, but I don't think I'll chance buying from Waterstones again unless they take Paypal.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:25 pm 

Clacke wrote:
John, Waterstones and Hatchards are sister companies - both owned by HMV. If you check the Waterstones website you'll see links to both Hatchards and HMV. Hatchards would be classed as the 'upmarket' bookseller of the two.

I didn't know this. Thanks for the information!

John

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:26 pm 

Im trying to order another copy and no matter what card i put in, its not letting it go through. keep saying that there is a problem with the card. weird

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:50 pm 

ur2ndbiggestfan wrote:
Nice pictures!
WARNING - I ordered this book and got all the e-mails regarding the purchase and sending of the book, BUT my credit card information was hacked! I am in the USA. Someone ordered $226.60 of products from a UK company called Strawberrynet.com. I have stopped payment on this and e-mailed Strawberry. So please check your bank statements! It is also sad to say, but I don't think I'll chance buying from Waterstones again unless they take Paypal.

Did you contact Waterstones?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:30 pm 

Sorry to hear that someone got hacked- as a Brit myself, that makes me feel kind of disappointed, and I agree you should go after Waterstones. I ordered the Hatchards edition, and while it's true that they're under the same umbrella as WS, I've always found them to be a much classier outfit.
On a brighter note, am I right in thinking this is the first UK limited to be signed to the page, rather than a tacky looking bookplate?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:31 am 

kieron wrote:
On a brighter note, am I right in thinking this is the first UK limited to be signed to the page, rather than a tacky looking bookplate?

Yes, I'm glad to say. That's why it took so long to release it. Waterstones, through H&S, sent the pages over the pond for King to sign.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:50 am 

[quoteDid you contact Waterstones?[/quote]

No, but I think I will. The Waterstones transaction seems to have gone through OK and the book was sent, but I'll alert them anyway. Thanks for the good advice!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:39 am 

I got the notice from Waterstone's that my copy had shipped via courier on Monday, November 30. I received it today, Wednesday, December 2! That was fast, especially considering that it came all the way from Great Britain! I truly didn't expect it until at least the beginning of next week.

I got #231/500.

John

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next