UTD UK special edition

Any questions related to limited editions
Clacke

Re: UTD UK special edition

Post by Clacke »

John, Waterstones and Hatchards are sister companies - both owned by HMV. If you check the Waterstones website you'll see links to both Hatchards and HMV. Hatchards would be classed as the 'upmarket' bookseller of the two.
Clacke

Post by Clacke »

Here's a few photos of the UK limited:

ImageImageImageImage
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

Nice pictures!
WARNING - I ordered this book and got all the e-mails regarding the purchase and sending of the book, BUT my credit card information was hacked! I am in the USA. Someone ordered $226.60 of products from a UK company called Strawberrynet.com. I have stopped payment on this and e-mailed Strawberry. So please check your bank statements! It is also sad to say, but I don't think I'll chance buying from Waterstones again unless they take Paypal.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Clacke wrote:John, Waterstones and Hatchards are sister companies - both owned by HMV. If you check the Waterstones website you'll see links to both Hatchards and HMV. Hatchards would be classed as the 'upmarket' bookseller of the two.
I didn't know this. Thanks for the information!

John
demorgan

Post by demorgan »

Im trying to order another copy and no matter what card i put in, its not letting it go through. keep saying that there is a problem with the card. weird
Lurker

Post by Lurker »

ur2ndbiggestfan wrote:Nice pictures!
WARNING - I ordered this book and got all the e-mails regarding the purchase and sending of the book, BUT my credit card information was hacked! I am in the USA. Someone ordered $226.60 of products from a UK company called Strawberrynet.com. I have stopped payment on this and e-mailed Strawberry. So please check your bank statements! It is also sad to say, but I don't think I'll chance buying from Waterstones again unless they take Paypal.
Did you contact Waterstones?
kieron

Post by kieron »

Sorry to hear that someone got hacked- as a Brit myself, that makes me feel kind of disappointed, and I agree you should go after Waterstones. I ordered the Hatchards edition, and while it's true that they're under the same umbrella as WS, I've always found them to be a much classier outfit.
On a brighter note, am I right in thinking this is the first UK limited to be signed to the page, rather than a tacky looking bookplate?
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

kieron wrote: On a brighter note, am I right in thinking this is the first UK limited to be signed to the page, rather than a tacky looking bookplate?
Yes, I'm glad to say. That's why it took so long to release it. Waterstones, through H&S, sent the pages over the pond for King to sign.
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

[quoteDid you contact Waterstones?[/quote]

No, but I think I will. The Waterstones transaction seems to have gone through OK and the book was sent, but I'll alert them anyway. Thanks for the good advice!
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I got the notice from Waterstone's that my copy had shipped via courier on Monday, November 30. I received it today, Wednesday, December 2! That was fast, especially considering that it came all the way from Great Britain! I truly didn't expect it until at least the beginning of next week.

I got #231/500.

John