UTD UK special edition

Any questions related to limited editions
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Re: UTD UK special edition

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

The UK S/L was on sale at Waterstones for £100 and sold out pretty quickly.
demorgan

Post by demorgan »

is that your assumption or do you know that for a fact. It was offered, but eeven the mod at SK site said that it was offered for sale prematurely.
thl

Post by thl »

As now there are no news about that. I've sent an email to WS asking for an estimated shipping date and if they have more details about the edition.

thl
agrabin

Post by agrabin »

Mr. Rabbit Trick wrote:The UK S/L was on sale at Waterstones for £100 and sold out pretty quickly.
For the short time that the book was on Waterstone's site I made a number of attempts to 'pre-order'. The page allowing me to do so refused to load and despite repeatedly trying I was unable to register my request. You may say that the reason I couldn't order is that the book was sold out, but the same thing happened when I tried to pre-order the trade edition - right up to the time of release. So...as I said before, no US S/L because of S&S's rule about ordering only from a US address and now to add (GREAT) insult to injury, it seems I've also missed out (along with others I guess) on the UK S/L. I wonder how many of the UK books are to wing their way across the Atlantic. Before you say anything, I have sent 3 emails to Waterstone's and also to Hodder, asking them about this. I have also phoned...no reply to emails and no satisfaction from the phone call. I don't know whether it's bio-rhythms or the newly fangled 'Seasonal Affective Disorder' (SAD) but at present I feel just totally and utterly P****d off.

Your very own,
disgruntled, disappointed, disaffected, distraught, disgusted, dismembered...OOPS, sorry...NOT dismembered, disturbed, displeased, disconsolate, dismayed.....in fact, just disf*****geverything you can think of. :cry: :x :x :x :x :x :evil: :twisted: :cry: :cry: :evil: :x :twisted: :( :|

Apologies to Tomas and anyone who may have been affected by the ferocity of my vent but no harm to others is intended
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

The Waterstones' page was pulled when they were notified that it was premature. Whoever got their orders in before the page was pulled may have "lucked out". I was one of those--my account shows the "Order is being processed". It's been that way since I was able to place the order.

John
SkippyD023

Post by SkippyD023 »

jhanic wrote:The Waterstones' page was pulled when they were notified that it was premature. Whoever got their orders in before the page was pulled may have "lucked out". I was one of those--my account shows the "Order is being processed". It's been that way since I was able to place the order.

John

My account says the same thing. I had e-mailed Waterstone's Customer Service to try and get more info but they never responded. I guess we just need to keep waiting....
frik

Post by frik »

SkippyD023 wrote:
jhanic wrote:The Waterstones' page was pulled when they were notified that it was premature. Whoever got their orders in before the page was pulled may have "lucked out". I was one of those--my account shows the "Order is being processed". It's been that way since I was able to place the order.

John

My account says the same thing. I had e-mailed Waterstone's Customer Service to try and get more info but they never responded. I guess we just need to keep waiting....
Same here...and I ordered tow copies... :D

sk
thl

Post by thl »

I've just got a reply from waterstones.
I have looked into your order for you and I am able to see that the the book was available for pre-ordering. I have check with the supplied for a date as to when this book will be dispatched to you.

Unfortunately I do not have a specific date for you they have informed me that the book will be dispatched to you by the end of november 2009, but this sometimes does change.
Let's hope :)
thl

Post by thl »

another reply from WS
I am writing to you in regards to the following order "Under the Dome": xxxxxxx

I regret to inform you that there may be a delay in processing this order. Unfortunately, the title is still out of stock at our supplier. However, we expect to be receiving copies next few week.

As soon as we receive any information in relation to your order, you will be notified of this via email as soon as possible.

I do apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused as it is not our intention to inconvenience our customers and we always strive to offer a better level of service.
Clacke

Post by Clacke »

That just seems to be a generic out of stock notification and not particularly specific to the limited edition. The lack of real news or details concerning the book from both Hodder and Waterstones is astounding. :shock: