The Shining - Limited Edition

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
jimimck

Re: The Shining - Limited Edition

Post by jimimck »

So it looks as though the artist is going to be changed, possibly due to the negative feedback from the cover art that was displayed on the SP site for a while.

If that is the case, I'm quietly pleased, as the "cartoony" styling of the art didn't quite fit the mood of the story for me...
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

I agree that the cartoon style isn't usual for King works, although it is different. I guess we'll have to reserve final judgment until we see who the replacement is.

I do however, think that there's going to be a few months delay on the release date because of the change. I'm going to guess spring 2014...but I don't have any hard info, just putting my guesses out there now - to be disproven (or not) later :)
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I agree. A change of artist at this time should definitely delay publication.

John
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

Yeah I agree too. And thats OK, cos I'd rather wait a while for a publication I'm going to enjoy more.

And let's face it, every King collector knows the agony of waiting for a new colelctable piece to be released, so why should this one be any different LOL
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

jimimck wrote:Yeah I agree too. And thats OK, cos I'd rather wait a while for a publication I'm going to enjoy more.

And let's face it, every King collector knows the agony of waiting for a new colelctable piece to be released, so why should this one be any different LOL
Where's my LIKE button lol!
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

jimimck wrote:Yeah I agree too. And thats OK, cos I'd rather wait a while for a publication I'm going to enjoy more.

I know that agony. I'm still waiting on the Lettered "Big Book of Necon" from Cemetery Dance I paid for 5 years ago!
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

New cover artwork updated on SP site:

http://subterraneanpress.com/featured_t ... ing_update

TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

I like it, Chong does great work. However I liked the fact that the original art was of the Hotel....Maybe because that was also featured on the original Doubleday edition, or maybe because when I think of The Shining my mind goes to the hotel. This scene would make for an excellent inside illustration

Speaking of interior illustrations, one of blood coming out of the elevator would be high on my list! - Oh that would be a sweet remarque idea (Don't steal my idea lol)
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

Yeah I agree that the Hotel is what comes to mind when I think of The Shining first too.

Funny isn't it, as Shining relates to Danny and his power, but the connotations go straight to the Hotel and its "guests"....
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

First bits of Interior Artwork posted (Scroll to the bottom of Sub's page for all 4)
http://subterraneanpress.com/store/prod ... he_shining