Crazy listing for King set

Are you looking for a specific number or book? Maybe you have a book someone is looking for... post it here! If you'd like to advertize your own ebay listings here as well that would be fine, just don't spam the boards.
Forum rules
- Only members can see and post to this Forum

- I am providing a forum for communication I but do not endorse, nor can I be responsible for anything bought or sold via this forum.

- If abuse is reported I will take whatever action I see fit, including banning of the user account.
allasorte

Crazy listing for King set

Post by allasorte »

I had to post this as I have read some of you guys complaining about people listing books astronomically that will never sell or their condition of the listing is laughable.

Being a collector, I know King's signature is one of the highest as an author ranging from 200-250. And the value of the book depending upon it's grade from as new to a turd. I would like your voice from this listing on e bay. The item number is 271430310738.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Major-Stephen-K ... 3f3281db52

It has 10 watchers which blows my mind. And a polite value in my opinion is 1600.00. Thoughts???
zkingcollector

Re: Crazy listing for King set

Post by zkingcollector »

Yeah, I saw this too. It's quite ridiculous in my opinion. I think the reason there are all those watchers is simply because they are curious as to whether it will actually sell. Not so much that they have any interest in bidding or buying.

When I first saw it, I thought it was a major King collection like all of the 1sts and all of the limiteds, etc... something like that for that kind of price. But what are we talking about here, 6 signed books with a signed card? It looks like the seller doesn't have a concept for what King books are worth to collectors. The Buy it Now price is definitely worth a snicker... $100K? Anyway, interesting...
TrueNorth

Post by TrueNorth »

allasorte wrote:I had to post this as I have read some of you guys complaining about people listing books astronomically that will never sell or their condition of the listing is laughable.

Being a collector, I know King's signature is one of the highest as an author ranging from 200-250. And the value of the book depending upon it's grade from as new to a turd. I would like your voice from this listing on e bay. The item number is 271430310738.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Major-Stephen-K ... 3f3281db52

It has 10 watchers which blows my mind. And a polite value in my opinion is 1600.00. Thoughts???

I am one of the watchers.
Three days ago my wife and I looked this listing in shock and awe. We emailed him and gently told him it was a crazy price, maybe worth $2000 max. He didn't reply. Hummm...have I got some books to sell him...LOL.
allasorte

Post by allasorte »

I actually emailed them politely as well and told them in detail the same thing. I added it to my watch list as well. Also, I've seen other books in great shape listed high as well. For example, some guy in China has a "Shining" signed for 9999.99 or best offer. Sure I'd love the book, but even if I was rich and impulsively shopping for rare books, I would still be looking to buy for fair value (signed 600-900) so I can buy others missing in my collection :).
miserywilkes

Post by miserywilkes »

I've seen some stupid prices on Ebay before but this tops them all, and like zkingcollector and Truenorth said the now 12 watchers will just be wondering if it sells, (if it does wow!) and with a zero feedback seller it's not like your handing over $1, at least he's offering free shipping! :lol:
miserywilkes

Post by miserywilkes »

allasorte wrote:I actually emailed them politely as well and told them in detail the same thing. I added it to my watch list as well. Also, I've seen other books in great shape listed high as well. For example, some guy in China has a "Shining" signed for 9999.99 or best offer. Sure I'd love the book, but even if I was rich and impulsively shopping for rare books, I would still be looking to buy for fair value (signed 600-900) so I can buy others missing in my collection :).

I did the same, politely stated that no King collector would pay that price, got no reply!
that Shining in China has been on Ebay for a long time, why do some people think they're going to get these stupid asking prices

Owen
deener555

Post by deener555 »

It's pretty safe to say there's not going to be much to "watch" on this one.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

zkingcollector wrote:Yeah, I saw this too. It's quite ridiculous in my opinion. I think the reason there are all those watchers is simply because they are curious as to whether it will actually sell. Not so much that they have any interest in bidding or buying.

When I first saw it, I thought it was a major King collection like all of the 1sts and all of the limiteds, etc... something like that for that kind of price. But what are we talking about here, 6 signed books with a signed card? It looks like the seller doesn't have a concept for what King books are worth to collectors. The Buy it Now price is definitely worth a snicker... $100K? Anyway, interesting...
I couldn't have said it better myself!