1st edition Misery

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
jhanic

Re: 1st edition Misery

Post by jhanic »

Mr. Rabbit Trick wrote:There are 4 different covers for the 1st edition Misery.
Pictures, please! The only one I know of has the title in red on the spine, as long as we're talking about the US edition.

John
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

I found these bookseller images on Abebooks. Could be they need color correction or maybe there are actual variations on the red and orange colors.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Interesting. I know that red often fades to an orange when it gets too much sun. I can't help wondering if that's what happened to these.

John
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

jhanic wrote:
Mr. Rabbit Trick wrote:There are 4 different covers for the 1st edition Misery.
Pictures, please! The only one I know of has the title in red on the spine, as long as we're talking about the US edition.

John
You have seen the pictures John. Bob posted them at thedarktower.com a while ago.
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

jhanic wrote:Interesting. I know that red often fades to an orange when it gets too much sun. I can't help wondering if that's what happened to these.

John
You are correct John. The book pictured has suffered from UV light fading. The red is the first color to fade. If you notice the spine still has a bit of red in it.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I meant that the lettering on the actual spine of the book (not the dust jacket) is red on one copy and gold on the other. Is this typical? Are they both 1st editions?

I can post pics if that will help.

Thanks
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Chris, please post the pictures. Also, try to get the covers of each at the same time. I have the gut feel that the one with the gold spine is actually faded due to exposure to UV. If that's true, the lettering on the front covers both will be red. (The spines are what usually get faded.)

John