UTD UK special edition

Any questions related to limited editions
needfulthings

Re: UTD UK special edition

Post by needfulthings »

Just got mine from across the pond from Waterstone's also two slight dents lower back corners of silpcase.(seems to be the nature of the beast) I ordered this over the phone from Waterstone's (1:30 am here) because also had trouble with credit card over the internet.This book was ordered Dec 4. The Great News is I got # 48 needless to say Im keeping this baby. Ain't Collecting Fun?
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

I got my UK UTD last night - OH JEEZE I have never seen such bad packaging. :evil: In fact I'm going to label it a "medium level miracle" that the book arrived undamaged.

I'm attaching pics, and NO I didn't open the package, this was literally how it arrived, with one end completely open, the other half way and rips all around. Just a little lip of the cardboard stopped the book from falling out completely when i lifted up the box.

When I put a little pressure on the box from the top the side walls opened up and the book slid right out.
Picture 271.jpg
Picture 270.jpg
Picture 269.jpg
Picture 267.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ELazansky

Post by ELazansky »

At least it looks like the book survived...did it?
demorgan

Post by demorgan »

is there a difference in books if someone ordered it from waterstones or hatchards? are they not the same?
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

It's the same book. Just different packaging in the shipping.

John
fleggett

Post by fleggett »

If it came from Hatchards, though, from all accounts it was packaged for Armageddon, whereas Waterstone's barely even bothered putting it into a shipping box.

I'm really, REALLY bothered by both the packaging and the possibility that us "latecomers" are purposefully and unknowingly getting damaged goods. That strikes me as fraudulent and perhaps legally actionable. Are they ACTUALLY now dispatching scratch and dents with no disclosure of that fact?

BTW, Waterstone's website still has it listed as available. Don't they keep better track of their stock? There were only 500 of these produced!
demorgan

Post by demorgan »

Thanks John.
One more question. Is there anything a seller can do when they are dealing with a nonpaying bidder. I dont sell alot on ebay, usually only during the holidays to get some money for christmas gifts for the wife and family. thanks in advance.
pwk

Post by pwk »

The Waterstones site is still showing 10+ in stock...has anyone tried ordering one recently?
surly

Post by surly »

pwk wrote:The Waterstones site is still showing 10+ in stock...has anyone tried ordering one recently?

Friday afternoon (Dec 11) stock was listed as 10+. I placed an order and got a confrimation of shipping on Saturday.
thl

Post by thl »

surly wrote:
pwk wrote:The Waterstones site is still showing 10+ in stock...has anyone tried ordering one recently?

Friday afternoon (Dec 11) stock was listed as 10+. I placed an order and got a confrimation of shipping on Saturday.
on saturday I've got an order confirmation and after a while an email with the order cancellation (no details about the reason but 99% it was cancelled because it sold out). Tried again and got the same result