SIX STORIES SLIP/TRAY CASE

Any questions related to limited editions
TrueNorth

Re: SIX STORIES SLIP/TRAY CASE

Post by TrueNorth »

I agree, Tomas is leaving us no choice but to shop around. I am on the hunt for Carrie, The Shining and Night Shift. I prefer a tray over a slip, like his Salem's Lot.

I would love to see the Salem's Lot Limited slipcase he made. Could you (or someone) post a photo?

Thanks
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Bob M wrote:I have gotten a lot of slipcases from here. They Are all great quality. Back in the day Tomas had a case made for the limited Salem's Lot. Really wish he would make more of those. Are you listening Tomas?

Bob
Oh yeah I'm listening ;) Problem is that back when I made them I said they'd be limited to 200 copies. I'm assuming some people bought based on that premise and they might get angry to see more copies suddenly go into production. Also kind of feels like I'd be going back on my word which I really don't want to do.
Bob M

Post by Bob M »

I completely understand, just giving you the business.

Bob
Bob M

Post by Bob M »

I don't know about a Salems Lot limited slipcase. I know of the black traycase for sale on this site. Could you elaborate for us Tomas.

Bob
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Bob M wrote:I don't know about a Salems Lot limited slipcase. I know of the black traycase for sale on this site. Could you elaborate for us Tomas.

Bob
Back when Centipede Press made their limited edtion of Salem's Lot, there was a gift edition of 600 copies that did not include a case, so I made an aftermarket traycase for it. It was limited to 200 copies, which I figured would be plenty since it represented 1/3 of the total available copies out there, (If I could get 1/3 of Gunslinger copies out there to get slipcases I'd be dancing for joy lol)

Anyway here are a few pics
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

I've got one, and its awesome. Need the prints though.
Bob M

Post by Bob M »

That's the one I want.

Bob
TrueNorth

Post by TrueNorth »

I just bought this last month and these posts explain a lot.

Mine arrived with the traycase and prints. The seller didn't say anything special about them and right up to this moment I thought they were part of the original package.

We compared the unsigned to our signed edition and were a little confused.

We couldn't figure out why the unsigned had prints, a traycase and towers (in size) over the slipcased signed copy. The things that usually go with the numbered/lettered editions. Now I get it!

I feel lucky with getting 1 of the 200.....well made Tomas.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

To clarify regarding the prints:

These were extra internal prints that Centipede Press had laying around (they had extra's printed for the book in case of damage). After all the books were sold CP sold a few of these sets directly and the remainder to Stu at Betts, who sold out very quickly. Jerad just sort of sold them off as an afterthought along with some other related materials he had laying around.

If I remember right the total number of sets was supposedly in the 20-30 range.

So:

600 gift editions
200 that have a traycase
20-30 (est) that have a traycase and pictures
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I was lucky enough to get a set of prints from a collector who also had a text block (unbound pages) of the book. Total cost was less than $160 for both.

John