The Drawing of the Three w/ Grant order form

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
evanaltman36

The Drawing of the Three w/ Grant order form

Post by evanaltman36 »

I just picked up this 1st edition copy of Drawing and I’m wondering if there’s any significance or additional value to having the Grant Publishers order form still included. The price on the DJ shows both $100 for the Deluxe Edition and $35 for Trade Edition. It’s definitely not a signed limited edition, but I don’t see anything about deluxe specifically. Any feedback appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
evanaltman36

Re: The Drawing of the Three w/ Grant order form

Post by evanaltman36 »

Couldn’t get the last pic in, here’s the cover.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mulleins

Post by mulleins »

You have the Grant Publishing First Edition. To me, as a collector, the insert holds no value. That's just my opinion.

The Deluxe mentioned on the dust jacket refers to the Signed Limited that comes in a slipcase, book numbered, and signed by King and Hale.

Your copy looks to be in very nice shape, congrats.

Mulleins
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

While I agree there's no real value in and of itself to those inserts, if I had two identical books at the same price and condition but one with the inserts and one without I'd take the one with the inserts.....So I guess I'm saying don't throw them out, I have a few copies with the inserts and I just leave them in the book.

To echo Mulleins...nice copy!
OneFathom

Post by OneFathom »

Copies purchased directly from the publisher, Donald M. Grant, back in 1987, were sealed. Within those sealed copies were the order forms. For a King completist, the order form may hold slightly more value, but not much.