What Are You Reading Right Now?

Want to talk about things other then SK? Post anything else right here.
Post Reply
User avatar
TheCollector
Site Admin
Posts: 1316
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:00 pm
Karma: 15
Location: West Coast
Contact:

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now?

Post by TheCollector » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:31 am

I've really gotten into Hugh Howey lately. The Silo series was amazing, I'm currently reading a short story book of his Machine Learning which is surprisingly solid, and I'm not as big of a fan of short stories in general



Ben Staad
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:23 am
Karma: 2

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now?

Post by Ben Staad » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:21 pm

Did anyone else read Kill Creek? I just finished it and was really torn about the book. I liked it but felt that the middle of the book was drawn out and detracted from the story overall.

Then there was the ending...Again I liked the main ending but the last few pages were a bit cliche.

User avatar
TheCollector
Site Admin
Posts: 1316
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:00 pm
Karma: 15
Location: West Coast
Contact:

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now?

Post by TheCollector » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:23 am

Haven't read Kill Creek

Currently, I've got a copy of Flight or Fright, about 75% of the way done. Overall the stories are better than I thought they would be.

Ben Staad
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:23 am
Karma: 2

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now?

Post by Ben Staad » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:42 am

I'm typically not a fan of shorts but I may check this out. I will go check out CD and see if this available as an E-Book. I think Kill Creek may be worth a read but it has flaws IMO.
TheCollector wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:23 am
Haven't read Kill Creek

Currently, I've got a copy of Flight or Fright, about 75% of the way done. Overall the stories are better than I thought they would be.

User avatar
TheCollector
Site Admin
Posts: 1316
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:00 pm
Karma: 15
Location: West Coast
Contact:

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now?

Post by TheCollector » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:59 pm

Ben Staad wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:42 am
I'm typically not a fan of shorts but I may check this out. I will go check out CD and see if this available as an E-Book. I think Kill Creek may be worth a read but it has flaws IMO.
TheCollector wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:23 am
Haven't read Kill Creek

Currently, I've got a copy of Flight or Fright, about 75% of the way done. Overall the stories are better than I thought they would be.
I read about 90% of my books as ebooks now (shhh don't tell!)

User avatar
TheCollector
Site Admin
Posts: 1316
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:00 pm
Karma: 15
Location: West Coast
Contact:

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now?

Post by TheCollector » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:19 am

Hi Guys, I'm currently reading Machines Like Me by Ian McEwan it's about a lower middle class guy who recently gets an inheritance when his mom died and spent it all on one of the first "Adams" a new generation of replicant that has just been built. Adam can learn, as well as breathe and make moral judgments. He is not a sex toy, but that area is certainly a component of the book. It's a somewhat unsettling read which winds up asking "If we built a machine that could look into our hearts and minds, could we really expect it to like what it sees?" Also interestingly it's not set in the future but in Brittan 1982.

SherlockCMC
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:49 pm
Karma: 0

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now?

Post by SherlockCMC » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:43 pm

Currently, I am going back to the classics. I am reading The Three Musketeers by Alexander Dumas. Has anyone read it? I read the summary version in high school and now I am reading the full version.

griesterer
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:18 am
Karma: 0

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now?

Post by griesterer » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:22 am

About a quarter of the way through Mystery Walk by Robert Mccammon and enjoying it!!

Philsy
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:50 pm
Karma: 0

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now?

Post by Philsy » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:24 am

I'm currently reading The Wind Through The Keyhole by Stephen King, Solo: A Star Wars Story by Mur Lafferty, and The Bees by Laline Paull. I try to always have a Star Wars book, a Stephen King/Joe Hill book and another author on the go at all times.

User avatar
TheCollector
Site Admin
Posts: 1316
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:00 pm
Karma: 15
Location: West Coast
Contact:

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now?

Post by TheCollector » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:49 am

Philsy wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:24 am
I'm currently reading The Wind Through The Keyhole by Stephen King, Solo: A Star Wars Story by Mur Lafferty, and The Bees by Laline Paull. I try to always have a Star Wars book, a Stephen King/Joe Hill book and another author on the go at all times.
I sometimes flip between two books myself, but that's about my limit!

Post Reply