New Site request

Tell me what you would like to see on the forums!
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: New Site request

Post by TheCollector »

It'll be there - Thank you to Mr Rabbit Trick for a copy of the list! Anything else folks? Step right up, step right up :!:
ianlever

Post by ianlever »

Hi, some years ago I recall a SK site that had copies of the covers of all SK books from all over the world including the limited editions. Don't know if this is something you might consider including?

ian
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

It's a lot of work to do that. Maybe it would be better adding a link to the site with the covers...

http://www.stephenkingshop.com/bookcovers.htm
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Hey Ian,

That's a good idea, however as Mr. Rabbit Trick mentioned it's already been done, and very well. BUT Adding his site to the links section would probably be a good idea for the new site.

<and....done> :mrgreen:
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Hey folks,

Do you want more categories here? If so what should they be?
biomieg

Post by biomieg »

How about a page with known ARCs/proof copies (John Hanic has done a fantastic job in making an overview on TDT.com), with photos and maybe even a 'buy proofs' link (alhough I can imagine that it would be a lot of work to keep that up to date...)
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

I spoke with John about that. He's very willing to provide the info, but not only is the work time consuming but figuring out pricing is going to be quite difficult. It's on the list, but I"m not sure it'll be avaialble for launch. I need to talk to John some more.
biomieg

Post by biomieg »

I agree, prices for proofs are all over the place. It's probably easier to just make a comprehensive list of known proofs and link them to a live eBay or AddAll list, much like the 'King on eBay' button on the current front page of the website. In that way, people can at least quickly see whatever proofs are currently for sale and at what prices'.
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

I'm not sure putting King proofs on the site will be that beneficial.
There are only a couple of dozen serious King proof collectors in the world, and they all have the info to hand from elsewhere.

As far as pricing them... forget it. No 2 collectors agree with each other, and ebay has a huge fluctuation in prices. The first ones on ebay sell for hundreds of dollars, and 6 months later they are worth under $100. I know, that's when I buy them :)

I just don't think it would be woprth all the effort.
Bounce0320

Post by Bounce0320 »

This may be trivial, but more than half of the time I read the forums on my phone. Would it be an easy fix to change the sort options (ascending vs descending order for example) to be at the Top of each page rather than at the bottom? It takes alot of scrolling on a small cell screen to get to the bottom to change the settings (which I've also found aren't saved). It would be much easier, for me at least, to have the Newest post at the top of the page...and I have to switch the ascending/descending to do that.

Thanks!