Max (NOT Devore)

Re: Let's get to know each other a little

Post by Max (NOT Devore) »

Thanks for the warm welcome!
gondolins remnant

Post by gondolins remnant »

Hi All,
What a wonder to read of so many collecting, Constant Reader, King fans out there. I am 35 with a wife and three kids and I have been collecting for just over 3 years. The decision typically comes down to another new shelf gem of King or diapers, and sadly, but appropriately, diapers have continued to win out. Nonetheless, I have a few bangers on the shelf. I am 800 pages into The Stand as a first go around, inhale the deep pleasure.

I appreciate this website very much as I am a Constant Checker, so thank you to Site Admin for all the hard work, and hope to lean on the community and be a resource where appropriate. Best hunting everyone!

Matt
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

gondolins remnant wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:21 pm Hi All,
What a wonder to read of so many collecting, Constant Reader, King fans out there. I am 35 with a wife and three kids and I have been collecting for just over 3 years. The decision typically comes down to another new shelf gem of King or diapers, and sadly, but appropriately, diapers have continued to win out. Nonetheless, I have a few bangers on the shelf. I am 800 pages into The Stand as a first go around, inhale the deep pleasure.

I appreciate this website very much as I am a Constant Checker, so thank you to Site Admin for all the hard work, and hope to lean on the community and be a resource where appropriate. Best hunting everyone!

Matt
Welcome Matt! Thanks for introducing yourself. Seems like The Stand has surged in popularity right now, go figure :)
mulleins

Post by mulleins »

Welcome Matt

I've been collecting King since early 80's. Yep, giving my age away. If you need anything or have a question, this is an awesome place to ask it.

Look forward to hearing more about your collection.

Now, get back to The Stand ( and I can tell you, the Butler didn't do it).

Mulleins
Kifome

Post by Kifome »

Hello, my name is Greg and I've been reading King for the past 15 years. I have a big collection of his books in my living room in Berlin property here. I will have to put several more shelves soon. But for sure it's been a pleasure for all these years.
Last edited by Kifome on Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Welcome Greg!
jmcdan08

Post by jmcdan08 »

Hello,
My name is Josh. Just got on the forum. I’m a wannabe collector. I don’t have much to speak of right now but am looking to collect 1st editions....hopefully. Any suggestions where to start would be great. I’m assuming I should start with the newer published books and work my way back, right?
UsBeez

Post by UsBeez »

Hello!

I started collecting King books in 1982 when as a newlywed I was hospitalized and my husband bought me two Stephen King books to help me get through those long days. I was forever hooked at that point and within a short time was reading everything that I could find that he had written. After I lost my husband 13 years later, my love for collecting dimmed some (with grief you lose interest in about everything for a time). But I have cared for those books, magazines, and other memorabilia so carefully snd with great affection. And I have made purchases here and there since. While I’ve collected the books and Limited Editions, I have also spent a lot of time looking for the rare King collector Items (like the very early stories published in magazines like Startling Mysteries and Cavalier).

Always nice to meet people with the same love and craziness as me 😂😊

Lynn