Let's get to know each other a little

Ben Staad

Re: Let's get to know each other a little

Post by Ben Staad »

It is very nice to meet you. I wish you the best of luck with the birth of your second child.

I hope you keep reading and enjoying Stephen King!

-B. Staad
Noxus35 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:56 pm Hi ,

My name is Twan, 34 years old and i live in the Netherlands with my girlfriend & daughter.
Second child is due at 02-14-2020 (valentine's day).

First time i ever read a King book was when i was around 12 years old and i borrowed a copy of HET (IT) from a local library.

It was a reading experience i would never forget and still is one of my all time favorite King books, i managed to get a original print hardcover edition of this novel from Ebay a couple of years back.
Even though i believe this to be a book club edition, it really doesn't matter to me.
I love reading this novel whether it be an original print BCE or an original 1st edition hardcover, it looks good in my book display. 😉

Last night i bought The Stand Complete & Uncut doubleday edition from Ebay, can't wait for it to arrive though. 😎

Cheers and have a great day to all on here! 👍🏻
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

Thank you Ben and also nice to meet you! 👍🏻

I'm sure i won't stop reading SK novels, when our first child Hayley was born i was still reading novels.

Most of my reading will be done in the evening though. 😉
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

If you are helping your wife the reading may be very late into the night. Our second child slept all day and was awake all night!
Noxus35 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:48 am Thank you Ben and also nice to meet you! 👍🏻

I'm sure i won't stop reading SK novels, when our first child Hayley was born i was still reading novels.

Most of my reading will be done in the evening though. 😉
Noxus35

Post by Noxus35 »

Well, i guess we'll have to wait and see...
The first born slept through every night ; so we were very lucky with that .

Hopefully our second child will do the same but i guess we'll have to wait and see how it all turns out. 😊
Off course i'll help my wife , she and my children are nr.1.
Last edited by Noxus35 on Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

My name John and I've been reading King since he began publishing. I'm 74 years old and am bed-bound in a nursing home. My knees are shot.

I've been collecting King for more than 35 years, specializing in his pre-publication items such as proofs and ARCs. I have well over 2000 items in my collection, including most of the signed limiteds and first printings, both US and UK. Unfortunately I'm going to have to sell everything since there's not enough space in my room here.

My wife and I celebrated our 52nd wedding anniversary in May. We have two kids and two grandchildren. We live in the Cleveland area. I am a Vietnam veteran.

I've been honored to be a moderator of these forums. Mostly I watch for and delete spam postings.

John
Rockporter

Post by Rockporter »

I want to say hello to the other Constant Readers. My name is Lee and I am from beautiful Rockport, Maine. I have been reading Mr. King’s books since 1987, starting with It. I enjoy how I was brought into another part of Maine, one I never could have imagined. I also love how many novels of Mr. King intertwine with The Dark Tower. He and his wife, Tabitha, have done many kind deeds for our communities that are greatly appreciated. I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. King at a book signing event at The Briar Patch in downtown Bangor where he was signing copies of The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon. I hope to one day get another chance to shake his hand and to tell him how much I enjoyed the ending of The Dark Tower series. From how I see it, it could have ended no other way.
Johnnytosmooth

Post by Johnnytosmooth »

:D hello everyone my name is bill I live in bridgewater,ny with my wife of 17 yrs i have 1 daughter named summer i am 49 years old have 2 dogs temperance and opal 1 cat named patch.I have been collecting king books and other stuff since I was about 15 yrs old.It is a life long dream of mine to meet Mr.King hopefully someday.
Teddy

Post by Teddy »

Hi fellow King enthusiasts!
My name is Teddy and have been hooked on the works by Stephen King since my first read, which was The Dead Zone. I was just a young lad at the tender age of 12 when I read this book. It took me less than 2 days to enjoy it. Couldn't put it down! I was addicted! Since then, his writings have been, for lack of a better term, like a drug! There are a few works that to this day I have not read but you can be sure that I plan to do so. I have a respectable collection of Stephen King books and continue to acquire the books to make my collection complete.
I love analyzing the works by Stephen King and am open to any discussion regarding his works.
Finally, I'd like to express my appreciation of being a member here and look forward to any future interaction with other members.

Regards,
Teddy McPhunk

P.S. From one bookworm nerd to all you others......keep on reading!
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

Nice to meet all the new posters!
kmm

Post by kmm »

Hello  :D
My name is Karen.  I live outside Chicago.     I like to read and started reading SK after Carrie came out. My son likes to read SK so I pick up copies for him too.   I am really interested in reading The Plant. I hope SK finishes that at some point.

I collect the books but only for reading copies. First editions are nice if I run across them but aren't necessary.

I live with my 2 golden retrievers who are huge SK fans, lol ;)

I look forward to all the new friends and information form the forum!