CD The Stand: Deluxe Special Edition

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
jwilkinson404

CD The Stand: Deluxe Special Edition

Post by jwilkinson404 »

Just got an email about 30 minutes ago, saying it is the "3rd and final presale"

This is the first notification I have received about it and I have been on the mailing lists for probably 13 years or so. Who gets the first 2 notifications that I didn't get?

I was able to order an artist's, but looks like they are gone now. Luckily, I was staring at my inbox when the email came in but that's not usually the case. I got lucky this time, but I am concerned I might not be lucky in the future.

https://www.cemeterydance.com/the-stand ... 746bf975e2
CamFella

Re: CD The Stand: Deluxe Special Edition

Post by CamFella »

I pre-ordered the AE in 2018 and received a super secret squirrel e-mail last night at approximately 5:30 eastern standard time..... received general release e-mail this morn as you did.... procured the gift edition this morn after missing last night's e-mail. Just FYI.

Cam
jwilkinson404

Post by jwilkinson404 »

5 years ago??? That's crazy!

I will admit, during that time period I would have missed it because my wife's med bills got so overwhelming that I had to stop collecting and probably wouldn't have even opened the email.

Now I wonder what else I might have missed. They haven't taken your money for Pet Semetary yet, have they?

CamFella wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:32 am I pre-ordered the AE in 2018 and received a super secret squirrel e-mail last night at approximately 5:30 eastern standard time..... received general release e-mail this morn as you did.... procured the gift edition this morn after missing last night's e-mail. Just FYI.

Cam
CamFella

Post by CamFella »

Actually I missed that pre-order e-mail as well or they would have. I know many people have problems with Cemetery Dance, but I do not mind waiting for the quality product they produce. I find them easy to work with if you have patience and Mindy (as well as Richard Chizmar) are helpful - they are running a difficult business in a currently difficult environment (my opinion).

By the way, the Gift Edition is now sold out.... so in less than a half hour (general release e-mail) the AE was sold out and within an hour the GE sold out.

Cam
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

I saw the email as well, but as it referenced a 3rd email (even though I didn't remember seeing two others either) I didn't send a newsletter out about it...Of course I have been plugging visiting the forums regularly for breaking news in just about every newsletter of 2022 :-)

I have to believe there must have been a couple of other emails because they wouldn't sell 3,000 unsigned copies in 30 minutes.
jwilkinson404

Post by jwilkinson404 »

CamFella wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:53 am Actually I missed that pre-order e-mail as well or they would have.
So am I understanding they did already do a pre-sale for Pet Semetary?
JackyBoy

Post by JackyBoy »

They did do a preorder for all 6 books in the Doubleday Years collection quite awhile ago. I talked to Mindy at CD several months ago and she said the majority of the copies for The Stand were sold back then. That’s probably why this presale didn’t last long.
CamFella

Post by CamFella »

There was a Pet Semetary Gift Edition pre-sale, I believe... I have not seen an AE Pet Semetary pre-sale...

Cam
CamFella

Post by CamFella »

Apologies - Pet Sematary.... not Semetary

Cam
jwilkinson404

Post by jwilkinson404 »

For anyone who missed out:

The Stand by Stephen King
REMAINING COPIES TO BE SOLD TODAY!

Hi Folks!

We held back some copies of the Gift Edition of The Stand to take care of collectors who missed out, and we will be making these copies available today at 4 PM eastern time. One per person maximum please.

If you’ve already ordered your copy, please don’t order again. We will have to cancel your order. This offering is for the collectors who missed out on the previous opportunities.

This is the link to visit at 4 PM eastern time.
https://cemeterydance.us1.list-manage.c ... 746bf975e2