Question about trim sizes of BCEs of The Stand (78)

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
blackleaf199x

Question about trim sizes of BCEs of The Stand (78)

Post by blackleaf199x »

Hi all! First time poster, but a long time reader of this forum. I had a quick question about book club editions of The Stand. In short: do any BCEs of the 1978 version exist at the 9.5 inch tall trim size?

More details: I've been collecting the 9.5 inch tall BCEs of King's earlier stuff. I know the proper first editions of the Doubleday books are 8.5 inches tall, but until I can afford those, I like these taller BCEs that match the size of his later works: 9.5 inches.

That said, I've been having a tough time finding a BCE of The Stand (the original 1978 version) that's 9.5; every one I've run across is 8.5. Then tonight I read something that said the 9.5 inch BCEs of those early books are all 1990s-or-later reprints, and it occurred to me... if that's the case, they might not have reprinted that version of The Stand at 9.5 inches, because the Uncut version would have already been on the market.

So, my question is: does anyone have a 9.5 inch tall BCE of the 1978 version of The Stand? Does anyone know for sure that they exist? I'm really curious and would like to know if I've been on a wild goose chase this whole time!

Thanks so much for your help, everyone.
mulleins

Re: Question about trim sizes of BCEs of The Stand (78)

Post by mulleins »

Welcome to site.

I've never seen a 9.5 book club of The Stand. I believe even the King Collectors Club Stand is 8.5.

When I get home next week I will do some measuring on my copies.

Ralph
CHEROKEEBRUCE

Post by CHEROKEEBRUCE »

You will find that the" STEPHEN KING LIBRARY" aka RED LEATHER editions of' the 1978 edition of "THE STAND" are 9 1/2" x 6 1/4"
blackleaf199x

Post by blackleaf199x »

CHEROKEEBRUCE wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:53 am You will find that the" STEPHEN KING LIBRARY" aka RED LEATHER editions of' the 1978 edition of "THE STAND" are 9 1/2" x 6 1/4"
Ahh, interesting. Thanks for the insight! Is that the only one you know of, no 9.5 with the conventional 1978 dust jacket?