First Edition DJ Prices

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
matthewbaker

First Edition DJ Prices

Post by matthewbaker »

I am just wondering if there is a difference between 1st edition 1st printings that have just the US price on the dust jacket and others that have both the Canadian and US price on the dust jacket? Is it more valuable to just have the US or does it make a difference?
Sherlock Joe's

Re: First Edition DJ Prices

Post by Sherlock Joe's »

I think the only thing that really makes a difference is when there's no price whatsoever on the front dust jacket flap.

That's usually a very good sign that it's not a true first edition and probably a Book Club edition.
matthewbaker

Re: First Edition DJ Prices

Post by matthewbaker »

Sherlock Joe's wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:06 pm I think the only thing that really makes a difference is when there's no price whatsoever on the front dust jacket flap.

That's usually a very good sign that it's not a true first edition and probably a Book Club edition.

For example, I think I’ve seen a “The Tommyknockers” that has had just the US price and another that had both prices; both had first edition, first printing number lines. Just wasn’t sure if there was a difference or if one them is considered not to be a true first edition.