Lithos??

Want to talk about things other then SK? Post anything else right here.
RoyalChief

Lithos??

Post by RoyalChief »

Found a booth at an antique mall/flea market. Has a lot of stephen king books/memorabilia plus alot of cemetary dance books. She has a "litho" there of mr mercedes by cemetary dance. What exactly is a litho and are they collectable or worth anything? She's a local author and sells her books there as well. She said she had others if I was interested. I may be but just don't know much about them. Some education would be much appreciated. Thanks.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: Lithos??

Post by TheCollector »

RoyalChief wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:28 pm Found a booth at an antique mall/flea market. Has a lot of stephen king books/memorabilia plus alot of cemetary dance books. She has a "litho" there of mr mercedes by cemetary dance. What exactly is a litho and are they collectable or worth anything? She's a local author and sells her books there as well. She said she had others if I was interested. I may be but just don't know much about them. Some education would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Litho is short for lithography (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithography)
Usually this is going to be a limited printing of an original piece of artwork. The value is going to depend on a lot of factors - who the artist was, who's doing the lithograph, how big the print run was, etc. Posting a photo here might be helpful., ideally with a close up of any signatures and whatever number it is.

In general though, it would be worth a fraction of what the original art would go for.
RoyalChief

Re: Lithos??

Post by RoyalChief »

Appreciate the info!