I found one in the wild!

Want to post something else SK related that doesn't fit into an existing category? Do it here.
Billybumbler

I found one in the wild!

Post by Billybumbler »

Take a look at what I got at my local bookstore. Yes they are first editions, First printings except for the Nightmare in the Sky. The Essential Stephen King is a signed limited edition . The Shining was priced at $14.99 ! It is in good condition and I couldn't believe my luck on it being a first edition. I didn't think I'd ever get one because of the price they go for. Apparently the collector of these books had passed away and the wife brought in these books because these were the third book copies her husband had collected! I can't imagine how fabulous his collection is. I hope he rests peacefully knowing these will be cherished.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mulleins

Re: I found one in the wild!

Post by mulleins »

Very nice pickup indeed.

Congrats.

Mulleins
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Nice! The Shining is a 1st edition copy as well? Truly a nice find. Now for any that don't have them already go put some brodart covers over those dust jackets!! :)
Billybumbler

Post by Billybumbler »

mulleins wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:32 am Very nice pickup indeed.

Congrats.

Mulleins
Thank you! I have had good luck for sure.
Billybumbler

Post by Billybumbler »

TheCollector wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:04 pm Nice! The Shining is a 1st edition copy as well? Truly a nice find. Now for any that don't have them already go put some brodart covers over those dust jackets!! :)
Yes I couldn't believe my eyes when I picked up The shining. I thought it probably was a bookclub but when I saw that first edition on the copyright page I did a double take. This fellow collector loved his books they had covers on them :D