1st edition Carrie dust jacket

Are you looking for a specific number or book? Maybe you have a book someone is looking for... post it here! If you'd like to advertize your own ebay listings here as well that would be fine, just don't spam the boards.
Forum rules
- Only members can see and post to this Forum

- I am providing a forum for communication I but do not endorse, nor can I be responsible for anything bought or sold via this forum.

- If abuse is reported I will take whatever action I see fit, including banning of the user account.
Username8865

1st edition Carrie dust jacket

Post by Username8865 »

Does anyone happen to have a $5.95 Carrie dust jacket laying around? I’d buy it, also looking for a $8.95 night shift one to.
Username8865

Re: 1st edition Carrie dust jacket

Post by Username8865 »

I found a site for facsimile dust jackets, even tho it’s not real I’d still want it kinda.
mulleins

Post by mulleins »

Not all the value (but a lot of it) is in the dust jackets of Kings fab 5 (Carrie, Salem's, Night Shift, Shining, The Stand) first editions.

Good luck locating copies. To this day I'm kicking myself in the butt because I had the opportunity to own a rolled (never placed on book) first edition Carrie jacket. Oh my goodness, the opportunity missed.

Mulleins
Username8865

Post by Username8865 »

I know, hence why I want the dust jacket. Where’d you miss yours? I know true1st books sells some dust jackets occasionally.
Username8865

Post by Username8865 »

And for the prices I got my first edition night shift and Carrie I don’t really care that they don’t have the dust jacket. I mean night shift has the original dust jacket but someone clipped the price :/.
mulleins

Post by mulleins »

Username8865 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:52 am I know, hence why I want the dust jacket. Where’d you miss yours? I know true1st books sells some dust jackets occasionally.
I passed on it back in the early 90's. I've been collecting King since 1980. Just gave my age away...hahahahaha

Mulleins
Fsmdr

Post by Fsmdr »

mulleins wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:24 am
Username8865 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:52 am I know, hence why I want the dust jacket. Where’d you miss yours? I know true1st books sells some dust jackets occasionally.
I passed on it back in the early 90's. I've been collecting King since 1980. Just gave my age away...hahahahaha

Mulleins
I think I got that one, Ralph. Was it the one for sale by Greg? It's still rolled in a tube.
mulleins

Post by mulleins »

Yes, Greg had it. I'm tickled you got it. You basically own a solid gold brick now.

Good to hear from you. :D

Ralph