The Bachman Books(book club)

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
Tank

The Bachman Books(book club)

Post by Tank »

I am inquiring how folks on the board feel about the book club hardcover editions of the Bachman Books that are now being sold a a premium price. Would this truly be considered as a collector edition now with rage out of print and justify the higher price tags people are asking? Thoughts…. sorry if this has been addressed already. I have seen where other books have been said to be worthless but not this one.
mulleins

Re: The Bachman Books(book club)

Post by mulleins »

This is just my opinion......The only Bachman Books that mean anything to me (including value) are the four paperback first editions as well as the Hardcover first edition with full number line:

I do believe many new collectors are just trying to fill holes in there collection and grabbing any copy they can. In their defense, many of the first editions have been absorbed into collections so the demand/value for a first copy keeps going up.

Mulleins
Tank

Post by Tank »

I had found it kinda crazy that they are selling the hardcover BCE with Rage for in the neighborhood of $80-$100. I would love to read it since was taken out of publication but, not sure I would love to spend that on a BCE that will still be worth nothing in the long run if I understand correctly. I guess some people see it as a way to get a story no longer published an deem as rare.😀
mulleins

Post by mulleins »

Sending you a private message.

Mulleins
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Speaking in terms of the market as a whole, I think some of these raises in prices are more of a "A rising tide raises all ships" thing here. SK prices have been on quite a tear during the pandemic across most SK books, and fewer books have been available to buy. I think the BCE's are getting a lift as a result. Of course, if prices go back down, I expect the BCE's to follow.
Username8865

Post by Username8865 »

No