Signed "Later" Edition

Any questions related to limited editions
screamfactory

Signed "Later" Edition

Post by screamfactory »

I was lucky enough to to purchase the Signed edition of "Later" from Forbidden Planet in the UK.Unfortunately my book had the Limitation page #180 but was unsigned.Forbidden offered a $40 refund.I contacted the publisher Titan and have gotten no reply.Has anyone heard of this happening to others.Any ideas on how to rectify this.Thank You.
Ben Staad

Re: Signed "Later" Edition

Post by Ben Staad »

That is a real shame. I haven't heard of anyone else with this issue however I hope the publisher can somehow make this right for you. Best of luck to you.
Namelessnpoor

Post by Namelessnpoor »

screamfactory wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:09 pm I was lucky enough to to purchase the Signed edition of "Later" from Forbidden Planet in the UK.Unfortunately my book had the Limitation page #180 but was unsigned.Forbidden offered a $40 refund.I contacted the publisher Titan and have gotten no reply.Has anyone heard of this happening to others.Any ideas on how to rectify this.Thank You.
I sent you a private message. I'd be interested in buying the book.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Whew that's not good. I agree your options seem limited to working with either Titan or Forbidden Planet.
Since FP is just the reseller/distributor I'd think only Titan could (possibly) make some arrangement to have the book sent in for King's signature but how likely that is to happen I can't say.

I've left my copy in shrinkwrap for now but I think I'll be opening it this weekend to verify there is a signature there.
mulleins

Post by mulleins »

This ----> I've left my copy in shrinkwrap for now but I think I'll be opening it this weekend to verify there is a signature there.

I strongly recommend (if a signature, number, or both are involved) remove wrap and inspect.

Mulleins
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Just a heads up I saw that #114, ordered thru Another Universe also arrived unsigned, so you're not the only one.
Jrstano

Post by Jrstano »

TheCollector wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:42 am Whew that's not good. I agree your options seem limited to working with either Titan or Forbidden Planet.
Since FP is just the reseller/distributor I'd think only Titan could (possibly) make some arrangement to have the book sent in for King's signature but how likely that is to happen I can't say.

I've left my copy in shrinkwrap for now but I think I'll be opening it this weekend to verify there is a signature there.
I was advised by Titan that FP is actually there sister company. I had a bit of a problem as my copy was slightly damaged. I had to vent my frustrations on Twitter and they eventually got back to me to assist. Got a great service from them in the end. If you remember getting a mail from Titan to advise you of the SL going on sale I would start with that guy