Hello fellow constant readers

Billybumbler

Hello fellow constant readers

Post by Billybumbler »

I have been reading Stephen King since I was 11 years old starting with The Shining. I have off and on been collecting Stephen King since 2003. Just recently I have been seriously collecting his books as I see if I don't get them now I may never get them as his books are constantly increasing in price as Stephen King gets older. I have 59 first editions. 4 signed limited editions and various magazines featuring his short stories. I do get frustrated by how expensive the first four Doubleday books are but I always keep my eye out for a good deal on them and have been shopping thrift stores in hopes of finding one in the wild. My favorite Stephen King is The Dark Tower series, if you couldn't tell by my username. It's lovely to find fellow King fans. Long days and pleasant nights to you.
Ben Staad

Re: Hello fellow constant readers

Post by Ben Staad »

Welcome to the forum and I feel your frustration with the price of the earlier books. Still some holes in my collection that I hope one day to fill.
Billybumbler

Post by Billybumbler »

Thank you Ben
mulleins

Post by mulleins »

Welcome to a great site. Please stick around and share your collection and collecting stories.

Don't give up on locating his first five. I call them them the fab five.

I know they're expensive and getting harder to come by because the copies are being absorbed into collections...... but make it a goal to get you a set. You won't regret the future return on investment or just the sheer pleasure of owning them.

Again, welcome.

Ralph Mulleins
Billybumbler

Post by Billybumbler »

Thank you Ralph. I definitely will keep trying to get the fab five. I have no patience so I'm often frustrated I can't find one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. You're right though, once I have them I'll appreciate them!