signed Rose Madder

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
MsMelindaCR

signed Rose Madder

Post by MsMelindaCR »

Hello all, I'm new here! I found this Rose Madder through this site, it is supposedly inscribed to Kurt Vonnegut and his wife? I had several opinions in my collector's group that it is legit. Any opinions? And if real what it might be worth? I'm super excited.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: signed Rose Madder

Post by TheCollector »

Could be to Kurt Vonnegut, but I don't know if you can prove that. The inscription seems pretty good to me - but i'm not an expert:) I usually stick to limited editions.
MsMelindaCR

Post by MsMelindaCR »

I can't think of any way to verify if it was actually to Kurt and his wife besides asking Jill. I haven't the slightest idea if she would even reply or possibly be offended.
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

I think it is the Vonneguts, but if they had dinner with the King's, they must be friends. King signs his name Steve to his closest friends.
The last two signed sold at Betts Bookstore for 325 and 395 USD.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Mr. Rabbit Trick wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:53 pm I think it is the Vonneguts, but if they had dinner with the King's, they must be friends. King signs his name Steve to his closest friends.
The last two signed sold at Betts Bookstore for 325 and 395 USD.
Maybe they're not THAT good of friends then :mrgreen: