BROOKLYN AUGUST

Want to post something else SK related that doesn't fit into an existing category? Do it here.
CHEROKEEBRUCE

BROOKLYN AUGUST

Post by CHEROKEEBRUCE »

BROOKLYN AUGUST a poem by Stephen King published in io magazine in 1971.
Ben Staad

Re: BROOKLYN AUGUST

Post by Ben Staad »

This is the earliest SK collectable I have in my collection. Maybe one day I will get to the Startling Mystery stuff.

I remember seeing, I think, some comics that SK put together as a child. Not sure who owns those but those would certainly be a pride and joy.
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

Ben Staad wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:17 pm This is the earliest SK collectable I have in my collection. Maybe one day I will get to the Startling Mystery stuff.

I remember seeing, I think, some comics that SK put together as a child. Not sure who owns those but those would certainly be a pride and joy.
I have this from 1966...

Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

That is a wonderful item, Mr. RT. Thanks for sharing.
CHEROKEEBRUCE

Post by CHEROKEEBRUCE »

Dear Mr Rabbit Trick All sources state & the copyright date listed in Nightmares & Dreamscapes for Brooklyn August is 1971. Yet you claim to have a 1966 printing. Would you please show or at least post the name & date of the publication.
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

The picture I posted was of the 1966 comic, "Stories of Suspense" in reply to Ben Staad's post about early comics. The 1st printing of Brooklyn August (1971) was in "Io" as shown above.