Salem’s Lot First edition (unopened)

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
Ibanez5134

Salem’s Lot First edition (unopened)

Post by Ibanez5134 »

Does any one have any suggestions on what this might be worth?
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Re: Salem’s Lot First edition (unopened)

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

I think we need more information before we can give a value.

Is this the Doubleday 1st Trade Edition? They were never sealed in the first place.
Ibanez5134

Post by Ibanez5134 »

I have no idea. All I know is that it’s a first edition with the shrink wrap still on it. It’s sealed, so I can’t look inside the book.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Sorry there's so many Salem's Lot versions out there now, do you mean a 1st Doubleday edition from the 70's or a 1st edition of one of the other editions with different cover art, or the Salem's Lot illustrated edition, or something else?

I wasn't aware the 1st Doubleday edition had shrinkwrap - but that was before my time :) Maybe jhanic or RT can chime in with their thoughts.

The bigger issue here is that if you have a Doubleday edition you really have to open the book to know what you have. There are 3 different states of the dustjacket with wildly different values. There's also plenty of Book club editions that look identical to the 1st edition except for the price on the inner flap of the DJ and the gutter code.

Maybe post a pic of what you have, if you're unwilling to remove the shrinkwrap.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

The Doubleday versions were never shrinkwrapped. The Centipede versions were shrinkwrapped, as were the Cematary Dance editions. The wrap should be removed to determine the specifics unless you have the original paperwork. The wrap doesn't affect the value at all.

John
emilyquirq

Post by emilyquirq »

Hey friends, where I can find first edition used book to read?
I only have found reprint in booksun.
Please suggest.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

A 1st edition is going to be pretty expensive to just read but eBay will be your best bet.

You can check the 1st edition Salem’s Lot page here on the site for an targeted eBay link for 1st edition Salem’s lot listings