Book Club Editions

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
KarenH

Book Club Editions

Post by KarenH »

Hey folks. I hope this day finds you all well.
I have just started looking into selling off my collection, in hopes of giving my Grdaughter a better Christmas. I know, it's getting a little late but maybe whatever I can sell will help with those darn credit bills right. Lol! Anywhooo, I am just looking at the 1st book I pulled from the shelf and already have a question. Boy, y'all are gonna love me. Lol! And I lol a lot too. Lol! I have a 1980 Firestarter with no real copyright page to speak of. It only says, in totality:

Copyright © Stephen King1980
All rights reserved

Printed in the United States of America

Also, there is no price listed on the Dust Jacket. But does say Book Club Edition and that the Jacket painting by Steven Stroud.

Can any of you tell me anything about what edition it may be or if that even matters since it is a Book Club Edition?
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Re: Book Club Editions

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

Hi KarenH,

You have a book club edition of Firestarter. Not worth anything, but its nice to have.

The copyright page of the 1st edition should look like this:

KarenH

Post by KarenH »

Thanks a lot. I appreciate your response. Unfortunately I think many of mine will be book club books,so I'll have them to reread for many years. I have gound 2 of 7 so far that I'm fairly sure are 1st Editions though. So that's not too bad. Enjoy your holiday season,
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Just to add to this, anytime you don't see a price on the DJ that means you've got a Book Club edition.
KarenH

Post by KarenH »

Well, I was kind of thinking that was the case. I was a member of the Stephen King Library back in the 80's and that is where many of the came from. And I'm not mad about it. Lol! Of the 7 or 8 I have checked I have 2-1st's but not with high value, or maybe 3 it's been a few days. Plus some of them I have read several times and limited friends and family have read so they have brought much pleasure to many people over the years so that makes them valuable, just not monetarily. I didn't think I had a million bucks in the corner, right. Lol!