Indicate what book you own

Tell me what you would like to see on the forums!
huezang

Indicate what book you own

Post by huezang »

I don't know if this would be possible on The Collector website, nor do I know if there would be much interest to use the site for this purpose, but I was wondering what would be involved in having the ability to indicate that you own a book when reviewing that books particular page here on The Collector website.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: Indicate what book you own

Post by TheCollector »

Hi Omar,

I've moved your post, it was sitting in a 5 year old thread about a newsletter issue.

In regards to the request, it sounds like you're asking if there's some way to have the site recognize that you own a particular book that you're looking at info pages on....

I would think that the only way to accomplish something like that would be to force a login for the entire site (not just the forums) and have that login place a tracking cookie on your computer to remember who you are.

I would think though, that most people pretty much know what rare King books they own, no?
racerx45

Post by racerx45 »

It sounds like a cool idea but I would think the amount of work vs. befit would make it not worth it. I would like to see the effort put into an app (both desktop and mobile) that would catalog and track my books. If that app could link to the info here, all the better.
downs1418

Post by downs1418 »

Or, to give it another spin, would it possible to have that info listed somehow on our profile page so that other people could see what we own? That would help if you were looking for a specific book and didn't want to post an ISO on the forums... Just another perspective.
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

downs1418 wrote:Or, to give it another spin, would it possible to have that info listed somehow on our profile page so that other people could see what we own? That would help if you were looking for a specific book and didn't want to post an ISO on the forums... Just another perspective.
Just put a link to your collection homepage.