Considering Selling Unpublished Manuscript

Are you looking for a specific number or book? Maybe you have a book someone is looking for... post it here! If you'd like to advertize your own ebay listings here as well that would be fine, just don't spam the boards.
Forum rules
- Only members can see and post to this Forum

- I am providing a forum for communication I but do not endorse, nor can I be responsible for anything bought or sold via this forum.

- If abuse is reported I will take whatever action I see fit, including banning of the user account.
mcwheels

Considering Selling Unpublished Manuscript

Post by mcwheels »

Hello! I have a very rare item I'm considering selling. It's an unpublished manuscript for an 82 pg. novella that SK wrote some time around 1987. It's called "Phil and Sundance", and as far as I know it's never been mentioned anywhere online or in Mr. King's interviews or archives, I'm not sure if anyone even knows it exists besides Mr. King and I. You may be wondering how I came to possess such an item, I was the lucky recipient of a make-a-wish foundation wish to meet Stephen King when I was 13 years old. I have a rare form of muscular dystrophy and at the time it was unsure how long I was going to live, hence the wish. I luckily ended up living a fairly healthy and productive life, and I'm now considering selling it to someone who would be seriously interested in it because I need the money. Due to the rare nature of the item I'm obviously only interested in talking to very serious collectors, if you're interested send me a message with your email and I will send you some scans of the document. Thanks!
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Re: Considering Selling Unpublished Manuscript

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

Be careful. He might be a scammer wanting email addresses.

EDIT: I've seen an image of the front page with King's insciption on it. If its an original and not a photocopy, it will be very desirable to collectors.

The image is at TDT.org...

Mr. Rabbit Trick

Sorry. Could someone resize this picture to fit.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Mr. Rabbit Trick wrote:Sorry. Could someone resize this picture to fit.

Resized, thanks for the post. As to a scammer business, anything's possible....but I'd give any scammer some credibility points for finding the site, registering and mentioning an extremely unknown manuscript just to get an email address.
ariracing

Post by ariracing »

This is really interesting.
RIC

Post by RIC »

I wonder if it is complete?
Marco

Post by Marco »

Perhaps I'm too sceptic but I find it very hard to believe that an unknown King story, one that isn't mentioned in any of the books written by Rocky Wood or Justin Brooks (or any of the other well known King experts) suddenly shows up out of the blue.
Of course I'd gladly be proven wrong, but only with the correct provenance or confirmation from King's office.

This kinda reminds me of this guy that offered a photocopied set of Star Invaders on Ebay a couple of years ago, a story King wrote when he was young which is mentioned in various bibliographies and books about unpublished or uncollected work.
Does anyone know if someone actually bought this set?
mcwheels

Post by mcwheels »

Hey everyone. Thanks for all the interest in this piece. I'm in the process of getting back to everyone about it, please give me some time because not only are there lots of inquiries to get through, but I've been dealing with a nasty ear infection this week so I'm a little behind. As for the skeptics, I totally understand why you might think its bullshit, especially on the internet, all I can do is assure you my story is completely true and the manuscript is 100% legitimate. That's why it's such a unique and valuable document, I'm as amazed as everyone else that I possess a document by SK that has never been mentioned anywhere. It's so rare in fact that I have now been contacted by Mr. King's publishing company because he himself barely remembers writing it and sending it to me and is curious about it himself! if nothing else this has certainly caused a lot of interest and discussion. I may end up selling it through an auction, we will see.
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

McWheels, are you able to give us an idea of what sort of dollars you are hoping for this? And also, as it was organised under the Make a Wish programme, is there any documentation you have to help with the validity of how you come in to possession? I'm not saying it isn't legit, just that some sort of documents or even confirmation from Sai Kings office would help with the queries you are receiving...

Cheers
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Mcwheels: The best way to sell it would be by auction. Everyone gets a chance to bid the item up in price.