Custom Slipcase for King's "The Gunslinger"

Want to post something else SK related that doesn't fit into an existing category? Do it here.
Sherlock Joe's

Custom Slipcase for King's "The Gunslinger"

Post by Sherlock Joe's »

A few months ago, I was able to get my hands on all five issues of "Fantasy & Science Fiction Magazine" that first ran SK's "The Gunslinger". Got 'em at what I felt was a good price and in good condition, not to mention that none of them had mailing labels on them ...

I put them each in protective bags, but had been thinking for a while about getting a slipcase for them. Found a place called Everything Called Books (https://everythingaboutbooks.com/) and, I gotta say, I'm very pleased with their results. :D

Had a lengthy back-and-forth email conversation with Patrick there and he always responded quickly. I found an AI-generated image and made it a silhouette, provided it to him, and he created the one-off slipcase very quickly. It was packaged so well I thought I should have done an "unboxing video" for Youtube; probably the best packing I have ever gotten from ordering online.

If you're looking for a one-off special slipcase at a good price, give Patrick a buzz at that site.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: Custom Slipcase for King's "The Gunslinger"

Post by TheCollector »

Very cool. I’m glad it worked out for you.

On a related note you may have the first ever AI aided slipcase!
Sherlock Joe's

Re: Custom Slipcase for King's "The Gunslinger"

Post by Sherlock Joe's »

P.S. The extra space at the top is my fault actually. When I measured, I was measuring the books in their protective bags and not thinking that I'd take the books out of them to put in the slipcase.

I tried putting the bagged books in the slipcase, but didn't like how it looked.