Pet Sematary First Edition?

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
tulipwhale

Pet Sematary First Edition?

Post by tulipwhale »

My copy of Pet Sematary has the 1982 Caretakers misprint, says 'FIRST EDITION' on the copyright page, and has the Y38 on page 374, but it does not have a price on the unclipped dust jacket. Does this mean that it is not a first edition?
mmalling

Re: Pet Sematary First Edition?

Post by mmalling »

Sounds like you have a 1st edition book with a BCE DJ on it maybe? Was probably replaced at some point because the original DJ was lousy
tulipwhale

Post by tulipwhale »

..but BCEs posted online have 'Book Club Edition' printed on the inside flap of the dust jacket, but mine doesn't have that....just no price.
mmalling

Post by mmalling »

Well all I can say is that if it doesn't have a price - it's not a 1st DJ. Not really sure if anything else matters? Not being dismissive or anything, just being pragmatic.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

tulipwhale wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:38 am ..but BCEs posted online have 'Book Club Edition' printed on the inside flap of the dust jacket, but mine doesn't have that....just no price.
Not all BCE's have Book Club Edition printed, but the lack of a price on the dustjacket is a clear indication of a book club edition, even if everything else on the DJ is the same as a trade edition.