Rage Paperback Reprint?

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
Sherlock Joe's

Rage Paperback Reprint?

Post by Sherlock Joe's »

Anyone ever heard of a reprint of the first edition paperback of Rage, under the Bachman pseudonym?

I found one, but the cover and paper feel very glossy. I thought I heard King refuses to have it reprinted, so it may be some kind of unauthorized reprint.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: Rage Paperback Reprint?

Post by TheCollector »

Do you have a pic? I think I remember seeing some sort of reprint that had a QR code on the book but now I can't quite remember if it was Rage or one of the other Bachman paperbacks.
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

Yes it was Rage and it does have a barcode on the back. The paper is white rather than yellowish. Some people are trying to con the unknown into paying large amounts for this.
mulleins

Post by mulleins »

Amazon started blocking the sell of the pirated copy, but if you search hard enough, you can locate a copy still on Amazon. The printer doing this is based out of Breinigsville, PA.

They claim to be printing it legally under the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008 (CPSIA) Compliance.

Don't fall for the scam.

Mulleins
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sherlock Joe's

Post by Sherlock Joe's »

I wasn't able to get a picture, but I'm almost positive it's the same as mulleins posted.

It had white pages and the cover looked off, like it was a scanned picture that had been cut too close.

Bookstore I saw it at wanted $150.