Simon & Schuster Fairy Tale Special Edition

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
jwilkinson404

Re: Simon & Schuster Fairy Tale Special Edition

Post by jwilkinson404 »

JackyBoy wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:52 am
Ben Staad wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:22 pm Maybe they should have included a slipcase. :lol:
TheCollector wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:55 pm Very cool thanks! Also still available for sale.
It definitely would’ve made the price tag a little easier to swallow. The print run confirmation is the only thing keeping me from feeling totally ripped off 😬
The problem is they know there will always be enough fans who will buy it even if it is overpriced
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

The problem is they know there will always be enough fans who will buy it even if it is overpriced
Maybe, but the certainly didn't sell out. It's still available for sale.
sunflowersociety

Post by sunflowersociety »

Looks like mine will be here today by 8! :D I'm very excited about the Slipcase Brian from Lividian is going to make. I think that will set off the book very nicely.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/shipping-sales-74370291
jwilkinson404

Post by jwilkinson404 »

TheCollector wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:17 pm
Maybe, but the certainly didn't sell out. It's still available for sale.
Don't tell the guy on ebay who has it listed as "Sold Out" with a slipcase for $500
jwilkinson404

Post by jwilkinson404 »

sunflowersociety wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:47 am Looks like mine will be here today by 8! :D I'm very excited about the Slipcase Brian from Lividian is going to make. I think that will set off the book very nicely.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/shipping-sales-74370291
It looks fantastic, based on his prototype pictures. I am excited as well. It will make it feel like an actual "limited" edition. But of course now we will be into it for closer to $200 when you include shipping and tax on both the book and the slipcase.
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

Just received my copy of the book.

In my opinion it's junk. Lightweight and underwhelming. The end-papers are nice.
jwilkinson404

Post by jwilkinson404 »

Ben Staad wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:34 pm Just received my copy of the book.

In my opinion it's junk. Lightweight and underwhelming. The end-papers are nice.
I don't know why I thought they might do a better job this time around. The LEs need to be left to the small shops.
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

Well I truly hope others enjoy this production of the book more than me. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade.
jwilkinson404 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:00 pm

I don't know why I thought they might do a better job this time around. The LEs need to be left to the small shops.
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

Going by the posts on here, the slipcase is better than the book! Thanks Brian.
sunflowersociety

Post by sunflowersociety »

Agreed. Really enjoy the art inside, and I like the feeling of the cover, but yeah, I'm more excited for the slipcase more than anything. Never really did the SE King stuff (All I've got is vol. one of The Secretary of Dreams #) but my buddy has tons of S/L, super-cool SE from the different publishers, and since I've nearing the end of collecting my 1st states, I decided to take a chance. Should have kept saving up for The Cycle of the Werewolf! ;)