How much would someone pay for 7 red leather library books?

Are you looking for a specific number or book? Maybe you have a book someone is looking for... post it here! If you'd like to advertize your own ebay listings here as well that would be fine, just don't spam the boards.
Forum rules
- Only members can see and post to this Forum

- I am providing a forum for communication I but do not endorse, nor can I be responsible for anything bought or sold via this forum.

- If abuse is reported I will take whatever action I see fit, including banning of the user account.
Username8865

How much would someone pay for 7 red leather library books?

Post by Username8865 »

The red leather ones include four past midnight, desperation, it, Christine, the eyes of the dragon, tommy knockers and different seasons.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: How much would someone pay for 7 red leather library books?

Post by TheCollector »

Whenever there's a pricing question like this, I'd suggest going to ebay and looking at the completed listings.
Completed will show both listing that had prices to high and didn't sell but completed and listings that did sell (in green) and were completed. Based on that you can see what these books were going for.

That will help show you that sure maybe folks are ASKING $1,500 for a set of red leather library books. But they certainly are not GETTING $1,500 for the set :)

Here's the completed listing link for all Red Leather Library titles. You can scroll thru or add to the search term above with your specific titles.
https://ebay.us/IQQn5H

EDIT remember that eBay fees these days are around 15% so as far as the seller goes, they're actually getting 85%ish of what they sold the item for.
Username8865

Post by Username8865 »

I know, I’m just asking cause I have posted them on eBay before but they weren’t that popular. So I’m asking here for offers.
Username8865

Post by Username8865 »

TheCollector wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:00 am Whenever there's a pricing question like this, I'd suggest going to ebay and looking at the completed listings.
Completed will show both listing that had prices to high and didn't sell but completed and listings that did sell (in green) and were completed. Based on that you can see what these books were going for.

That will help show you that sure maybe folks are ASKING $1,500 for a set of red leather library books. But they certainly are not GETTING $1,500 for the set :)

Here's the completed listing link for all Red Leather Library titles. You can scroll thru or add to the search term above with your specific titles.
https://ebay.us/IQQn5H

EDIT remember that eBay fees these days are around 15% so as far as the seller goes, they're actually getting 85%ish of what they sold the item for.
After reading my post I can see why you thought I was asking how much they’re worth
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Well, if you're asking about what price to post here on the buy/sell section - I mean I would go back and see what the successful sale prices have been on eBay and drop 10% or so below that and make that your price. You'd still come out slightly ahead after ebay fees and the buyer comes out ahead because the price is a little lower and they're also not paying the sales tax that eBay charges to the buyer.

Or just put them up as "email me with a reasonable offer"

I hope that answers your question. I don't really follow the Red Leather Library collection for the site so I can't speak to the demand outside of comparable eBay sales.
Username8865

Post by Username8865 »

I can’t post pictures
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

To post photos, you can either link them if they're on a 3rd party service, or attach them via the attachments tab at the bottom of the post. They do need to be smaller than 256kb, so if it's huge pic from your phone you'll want to resize it to something smaller. Screenshot attached of this post so you can see the options.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Username8865

Post by Username8865 »

The pictures never post
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

TheCollector wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:40 pm
Username8865 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:13 pm The pictures never post
I would suggest uploading your photos to a service like https://imgur.com and then linking them then.